View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 07:12 PM   #75
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydany
Seems like we're giving up to the lawyer/prosecuter....
How do you figure? Sure, give him something he can use against you. That'll show him. Seriously, it's all about dealing with the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandydany
...Us who are living in the boondocks have a build-in reason to handload, and that is the 4-legs predators. Black bears are not too dangerous if one live them alone and stay away from their wanderings, but mountain lions are another story;neighbors told me of the big cat roaming on my lawn and black bears are a common sight. The big cat is a problem as you never know if it is trailing you until it's too late....
And that's a good story and could work. Just remember that there are no guarantees. Sometimes you have to take a calculated risk.

It's like choosing JHPs. They are generally regarded as the best overall choice for two legged nasties, but they have some potential downsides in court as Harold Fish discovered. Nonetheless, I choose them for my SD needs and, if the worst happens, will need to rely the argument that I use them because they are the overwhelming choice of LE.

But remember, no matter how good your argument for using handloads is, if you need GSR evidence, you're still out of luck.

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 8 queries