View Single Post
Old September 5, 2006, 06:13 PM   #25
razorburn

I was in the same position. I could care less whether the products I buy were made in america or not. Honestly, I think that stopped being a badge of quality many years ago, and honestly after some experiences with american autos, the label "made in usa" actually gives me pause to suspect the quality of the product now. Perhaps made in Germany or the like can still be considered a sign of quality but I digress. I also do not care about reputation among forumites, I just want something that works. To do this the way I believed to be best and most likely to get me objective results, first, I decided to disregard the opinions of vendors. They are biased and known to shamelessly pimp whatever they have for sale. I also disregard those who do not have first hand experience owning one, since I didn't want to come to a conclusion based on rumor, or gun snobbery and heresy. I already know what their forum rep is and dont need it restated. I also disregard the opinions of those with older guns, as I understand they were more poorly made back then. I tallied up the experiences over the last few years available archived for this website and found the vast majority of people who had first hand experiences with a modern taurus had positive experiences, some liking them better than their smiths or rugers. CS does not seem so bad, there are many positive experiences with them and negatives don't appear disproportionate to the other major makes. I have not heard anything material or factual against them, so I bought one sight unseen. It's been very accurate and reliable, although I wish I had not purchased such a large gun.

Page generated in 0.02386 seconds with 8 queries