The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 12, 2001, 08:39 AM   #1
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks, Rich!

I just purchased my subscription to S.W.A.T. magazine. A small thank you to Rich for giving us TFL as well as his other endeavours to support the 2nd Amendment.

How about y'all?
Old July 31, 2001, 05:31 PM   #2
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Trying once again.
Old July 31, 2001, 05:36 PM   #3
C.R.Sam

AMEN
Old July 31, 2001, 06:40 PM   #4
Jhp147

magazine

I had stopped buying S.W.A.T. years ago. I bought a subscription right after Rich announced that he had acquired it. I did it more out of curiosity than anything, I want to see what CAN be done with Rich and his crew take over, my interest in gun magazines has waned a lot. I am hopeful that we will all be seeing the gun magazine that we all seem to want but can't find.
Hey, Rich, you want to give us a "sneak preview" of some things you have in mind? Might get the subscription numbers cookin!
Old July 31, 2001, 08:17 PM   #5
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

My view is this.

While I have high hopes for the magazine under the general management of Rich, the bottom line is this: I don't really care-Rich has given me many hours of enjoyment, food for thought, good company, and an education here on TFL. I want to give something back. I've asked what I can do on several occasions including donating funds and was assured that everything was ok. If Rich asked me to spend $20 to subscribe to a gun rag in Chinese as a partial payback for all this, I'd do it.
Old July 31, 2001, 09:23 PM   #6
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Heh. I plan on giving several subscriptions away as gifts for gunloving friends.

I happen to know one of the new writers for SWAT. I think you'll like his style. (though, like Spartacus said, that's besides the point)
Old July 31, 2001, 10:54 PM   #7
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

Spartacus

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you!
Old August 1, 2001, 12:07 AM   #8
Rainbow Six

Nobody can say it better than Spartacus did... Thanks for everything!

I just wish I could get my hands on the July issue. Anyone have an extra copy? I think August will be my first issue and I am really interested in several articles listed on the site in the July issue.

R6

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper
Old August 1, 2001, 08:30 AM   #9
Correia

I just subscribed yesterday. I'm afraid that I was guilty of serious procrastination.

I think that the gun culture in general owes quite a bit to Rich. Think about all of the diverse and neat things TFL has accomplished in the last couple of years. It has brought core members of the gun community closer together. It enables us to share important legal information faster than ever before. Heck, TFL is probably responsible for getting more people to buy new guns than half the FFLs in the country.

So thanks Rich. Many of us really appreciate the great amount of work you do.

-Larry Correia