The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 15, 2009, 09:11 PM   #1
ReelFaith

What's the best "Bug Out" SHTF state?

So..........when the SHTF where are you planning to go? Do you have any contingency plans, stored up food, stockpiled ammo & guns? Are you alone or do you plan to group together with like minded friends? I thought of Idaho but folks tell me it's too expensive and too late...........the California crowd has driven up prices already. Some say stay west of the Mississippi because of the reduction in population.What about S. Dakota, Nebraska? I'm in SW Florida and would have a tough time in the cold. But to survive and be away from all the crazies that would get crazier if they had no food or water might be worth being cold. I do think Florida would get bad. Even now our waters are not the safest with all the "boat refugees" and "drug running" that will get worse when SHTF. Florida's supply line at the north state line could be very easily compromised. Anyway, what are your plans? Buying gold?
Old June 15, 2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum.

Here's one that applies to this topic: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225383

Closed.
Closed Thread