The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 12, 2001, 02:47 PM   #1
El Rojo

Well fellow shooters, it has been a bad weekend for El Rojo. On Saturday he attempted to put the new shims that he received from Leupold on his dual dovetail base on his 700. Well very quickly the screws were stripped and the day was ruined!

But fear not! As good as Leupold sent me some shims, I called them up and a very nice customer service rep said they could send me some new, longer torx screws for my base! I must urge all of you to order Leupold. 1). They have some awesome scopes, 2). They stand behind what they make, 3). and their customer service is excellent.
Old February 12, 2001, 03:38 PM   #2
Hard Ball

I'm not surprised. In my experience, Leupold is a class act.
Old February 12, 2001, 05:47 PM   #3
Jamie Young

Thats good to hear! I actually just got a few things from RCBS today and There very good with reloading equipment. One company I can't believe is actually in business is USA Magazines. There Horrible with customer service.
Old February 13, 2001, 10:32 AM   #4
PaulTX

I bought my first scope a few months ago. It was Leupold M8 2x. The guys here said buy the best quality you can. The Leupold is clear, sharp, and you can focus on something just beyond barrel length. I really like the fact the Leupold's have a lifetime warranty - no matter who owns the scope. I bought mine used and it had just returned from the factory for a tuneup.
Old February 18, 2001, 08:08 PM   #5
Nimrod

Roger that on Leupold. Good products, good CS and a great attitude towards their customers.
Old February 18, 2001, 09:18 PM   #6
El Rojo

I received the screws!

I got my screws the other day and they worked great. They actually sent me two sets of two different lengths and they worked great. I shimmed the scope and got it all set and with two shims I gained just about 21-22 more MOA! 1000 yard line here I come!