The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old March 13, 2007, 11:24 AM   #51
K80Geoff

I'm disappointed, thought this would be one of those Sasquatch stories.
Old March 13, 2007, 11:48 AM   #52
fisherman66

I can't believe nobody would put shaving cream in his hand and tickle his nose, or put his hand in warm water. Scratch putting his hand in warm water...
Old March 13, 2007, 12:51 PM   #53
EJJR

^^^ It was implyed it was a stranger; prolly not the best idea when one doesn't know who one is dealing with. But otherwise.. Fair-game.

Samurai: Good on you for keeping your cool, and finding out the facts before jumping to a comclusion. IME, there are just as many homeless people, that are just unfortunate soul's as there are those of the "wing-nut" variety.

Want to learn how to shoot well? http://appleseedinfo.org/
Old March 13, 2007, 02:36 PM   #54
markj

Quote:
So it's 6 am, you wake up, and find sound asleep on your kitchen floor an extremely large wierd looking dude...he is a stranger to you....
Go look to see if I have 4 dead dogs outside.....

Wake him up and ask him to leave, I really doubt he is larger than I am would I go for a gun first? no, havent had to use one so far, and he is asleep so he isnt going to magically bounce up and start trying to kick my butt, this only happens in movies.

OK so years ago and I mean years my brother was out drinking, underage too, he was like 15 or so. Went to the wrong house on our block, broke the door completly off the frame and was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal when the police came in. He got violent with them, they did get him in the car for a minute or two but decided he would be better offat home so they let him drag them to our house and knocked on the door. My Dad answered the door, he was 5'10" and 150lbs, he kinda growled my brothers name and my brother then stood at attention, the police looked at each other and then told Dad the story. They were probably wondering how this little guy could get such a responce from the tazmanian devil they had on their hands My brother is one mean dude, I have seen him whip 6 guys at a time many times. He is good to have around he is my "little " brother, I am a bit bigger than him, we been fighting since we were 6 or so in the ring.

I opened my door once when I lived over our bar (former bouncer), and was treated with a mess, someone had knocked on the door and puked all over it when I didnt answer. Yeck, hadda clean it up and it did smell a bit.
Old March 13, 2007, 02:58 PM   #55
nefshooter

When i first read the post i was going to say it may depends on what she looked like but then i read the post LARGE GUY duct tape glock hammer just kidding
Old March 13, 2007, 03:09 PM   #56
Danase

Smack him in the head with a bat, then check his pockets for money, then call the Police. LMAO
Old March 13, 2007, 04:40 PM   #57
stephen426

Quote:
OK so years ago and I mean years my brother was out drinking, underage too, he was like 15 or so. Went to the wrong house on our block, broke the door completly off the frame and was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal when the police came in. He got violent with them, they did get him in the car for a minute or two but decided he would be better offat home so they let him drag them to our house and knocked on the door. My Dad answered the door, he was 5'10" and 150lbs, he kinda growled my brothers name and my brother then stood at attention, the police looked at each other and then told Dad the story. They were probably wondering how this little guy could get such a responce from the tazmanian devil they had on their hands My brother is one mean dude, I have seen him whip 6 guys at a time many times. He is good to have around he is my "little " brother, I am a bit bigger than him, we been fighting since we were 6 or so in the ring.
Lucky you live where you live. If your brother was in Miami, NY, or LA, they would probably shoot him, beat him, or tazer him. Its best not to get violent with trigger happy cops.
Old March 13, 2007, 04:44 PM   #58
Wildalaska

Most of my sleeping stranger anecdotes usually involve waking up with someone next to me

WildyikesshesureashecklookedbetterlastnightAlaska
Old March 13, 2007, 05:16 PM   #59
RG Stewart

Another mishap

About ten years ago, a co-worker tried to drive home despite his elevated blood alcohol level, crashed into a roadside tree, assumed he was home, and went inside. Finding an air rifle inside the door, he carried it with him to the bedroom to ask his wife what it was doing in their house. Oops.... I'm sorry mister, let me explain.Only cost him his job, his truck, and a few months of his free time. Not a bad trade, considering...
Old March 13, 2007, 05:50 PM   #60
Mannlicher

Quote:
So it's 6 am, you wake up, and find sound asleep on your kitchen floor an extremely large wierd looking dude...he is a stranger to you....

How do you handle that scenario...
we did this one last year, and boy did it get contentious.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan
Old March 13, 2007, 07:42 PM   #61
spacemanspiff

After I got done being freaked out about the risk of getting shot for being the intruder (unwilling intruder, I should point out!) I can't help but laugh at the whole scenario.

I've done plenty of stupid things while drunk, and at least this one time I can blame it on someone else: the cab driver who put me in the wrong house! Nah, I'm kidding, I don't drink that much, and when I do imbibe to the point of intoxication, its always at my home or a friends home where I can crash until I'm sober.

Now if this was me as the one whose house was being invaded, I know I'd have the shotgun out as I dial 911. I know all too well just how unpredictable alcohol can make a person, the one who is always the 'happy drunk' is usually the one I have to kick out of the bar because they are ready to start a fight. So I was not offended at all that my neighbor (by the way, that was the first my neighbor and I had ever had contact, wouldnt have recognized him on the street at all!) called police to handle the situation.
The neighbor at least had good enough sense when he got home to know something was not right, he said he noticed there was a lot of footprints in the fresh dusting of snow up to his door, so he was on alert as he entered his home.
Old March 13, 2007, 08:37 PM   #62
Mad Martigan

Haha! The closest I came to that was leaving a pool party and stumbling into the wrong apartment to take a whiz. I was like "I don't remember a Confederate flag hung in the bathroom. Oh well." I sauntered on out of the br and there were 3 dudes standing there like "Hi! [color=#FF0000]â–ˆ[/color][color=#FF0000]â–ˆ[/color][color=#FF0000]â–ˆ[/color] are you doing?" Lucky Athens is such an understanding college town.
Marlin 336(.30-30, .35), 1895 .450, Model 60SS
Old March 14, 2007, 01:05 PM   #63
HiltonFarmer

Great stories.

Call LE, with a firearm in my hand (only if I didn't know the fella)
Put a pot of coffee on
Enjoy the stories afterwards on TFL!

HiltonFarmer
Old March 14, 2007, 03:12 PM   #64
markj

Quote:
Lucky you live where you live.
It was well over 30 years ago, cops didnt have tasers then nor was pepper spray around other than the mail carriers. Cops were not so "arrest and charge" him as they seem to be in todays world. I recall under age drinking at a remote out in the country place, deputies come, make us dump every can of beer and then pick up the ditch on both sides of the road one mile, he figured we would be sober enough by then to drive home. Nowadays, MIP 1st offense, and jail for second offense. Since those days tho we have had a couple policemen shot down by gang wannabes etc. Isnt the same environment at all.
Old March 15, 2007, 07:51 AM   #65
tegemu

Once while I was the Leading Chief of a Naval Aircraft Squadron, one of my Chiefs (He must have been sick as Chiefs don't drink) got very tired and entered a home in Athens, Greece. Undressed and crawled into a bed. When the owner came home with her mother and daughter, she quite naturally called the local Gendarmes, who in turn called the Shore Patrol. An International Incident was avoided by the miscreant Chief "Volunteering" to donate $300.00 to the families funds and then taking them to the USAF Commissary in Athens and treating them to a shopping spree. Once back aboard, the Chief's feet never touched land 'til we had returned to home port.
Old March 15, 2007, 08:09 AM   #66
mfree

"Call LE, with a firearm in my hand (only if I didn't know the fella)"

I would recommend you use a telephone to make that call, and not the firearm in your hand

I drank the cool-aid.
Coal Creek Armory
Old March 16, 2007, 08:32 AM   #67
NPS,LE

from the other side of the story

This actually happened to a friend of mine. He was visiting his brother in a house that the brother had just bought and my friend had never seen. The house was in a newly constructed development and looked very much like almost every other house in the development. My friend got there late on one night, got up early and went for a long run and returned to the house. He picked up the newspaper outside, let himself in through the unlocked door, was mildly surprised to discover no one yet awake, but went to the kitchen and proceeded to make himself coffee and sat (in his running clothes) at the kitchen table and read the newspaper. Anyway . . . eventually the lady of the house got up, came out to the kitchen, did a double take and asked in a loud voice, "Who the hell are you?" Obviously, my buddy had come back to the wrong house. All ended well, even with some laughs. If there is a moral to the story it is, I guess, that sometimes -- not often, I know -- there is an innocent reason a complete stranger might show up in your house.
Old March 16, 2007, 08:52 AM   #68
lockedcj7

An elderly woman showed up in our kitchen one time. It turns out that she was somewhat senile and had once lived int the house (it was built in 1904). Her daughter was waiting in the car outside and just assumed that the mother would go to the door and knock. My wife was very polite to her as she was obviously not a threat.
Old March 16, 2007, 09:08 AM   #69
Samurai

Glad to hear you didn't draw down on Granny.

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...
Old September 1, 2007, 12:40 PM   #70
Rifleman 173

Years ago when I was a full time cop, I got dispatched to a house where a woman woke up to find an unknown male asleep at the foot of her daughter's bed. The lady kept her cool, calmly called dispatch and stayed on the phone with the dispatcher until my partner and I got there. When we went into the room we covered the mom as she got her daughter out of bed and out of the room. After they were out of the way, my partner and I cuffed the male, stood him up and marched him out to one of our squad cars. What had happened was that other cops earlier that previous night had raided a teenage drinking party and this guy had staggered off in a blind drunk, peeled a screen and climbed into the girl's bedroom to sleep it off. He went to jail and ended up with a couple of different felony charges against him. He pled out, got a little jail time and a long probation and had to make restitution for the damages that he had done. To this day, that kid refuses to drink any more.
Old September 1, 2007, 08:08 PM   #71
Thunderhawk88

Quote:
Roll over and keep sleeping, 'cause I must be dreaming. A stranger would have to break in while my dogs are raising all kinds of hell.....so when I do wake up he'll be gone.
Old September 1, 2007, 10:23 PM   #72
Michael Anthony

Quote:
Pour Mazola oil all around him,
I like this idea. Here's what I would do.

1. Get the video camera and set it up.
2. Spread mazola oil all around him.
3. Arm half the family with surefires and the other half with pellet rifles.
4. Post on Youtube.

This is tactically sound, I believe.
Old September 2, 2007, 03:18 AM   #73
teriyakisaki

first i would ask the roomates if they know whats up.
Old September 2, 2007, 11:55 PM   #74
FLA2760

That happened to me a couple of times back in the day and I still can't recall her name.
Old September 3, 2007, 12:01 AM   #75
DonR101395

I yell "Wake up and go home Ken." What do I win?
Closed Thread