The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old October 23, 2002, 09:35 AM   #26
rock_jock

Quote:
I drove through a roadblock in my white pick-up with an AR-15 under the seat
Jeez Louise, NavyJoe! With the scrutiny given to any gunowners in Md/ Va. much less one with a rifle in his truck, and an AR to boot, I am surprised we didn't see you on the 6 o'clock news spread eagle with a voice-over about how they had just stopped a potential copycat sniper!
Old October 23, 2002, 09:36 AM   #27
Dangus

Anyone notice the irony of when the last shooting was reported? 5:56..... strange eh? I thought I remembered that being the time fo the previous one being reported too...

I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

"Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."
Old October 23, 2002, 09:58 AM   #28
ENC

That is weird.

For some reason I have heard about all of the shootings and felt that they needed to catch this guy, but when i saw the report that the bus driver was killed I just got really really mad at the whole deal. i just hope an armed citizen finds them before the law does because i don't really have the fullest faith in our justice system right now.
Old October 23, 2002, 11:35 AM   #29
spacemanspiff

easy getaways? i think its because the weapons are dumped off to a different vehicle that isnt being inspected at roadblocks.
Old October 23, 2002, 11:53 AM   #30
Fred Hansen

Waterdog,

Instead of letting us all know, in dribs and drabs, about the crypto-secret conspiracies that you are privy to, why not take a few minutes and write them all down once and for all? Be generous.

"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old October 23, 2002, 12:01 PM   #31
C.R.Sam

I have long maintained that "urban camo" is not bought from the tactical stuff dealers. It is knowledge of the dress and demeanor of the area.

The possibilities are endless. Could be any race, sex, occupation, age etc. Even the agenda is so far unpublished.

Sam

Oh....and use two layers of foil, that way you have shiney sides in and out.
Old October 23, 2002, 12:10 PM   #32
MeekAndMild

From the dim recesses of the old memory banks two neurons just rubbed together.

Recall how many arsonists throughthe years you've seen who turned out to be members of the volunteer (or even the profesional) fire department?

So I'm wondering now if they might find the shooter wearing a police uniform. Maybe even one of Mr. Moose's lieutenants? The sight of a LEO with an AR directing traffic and searching white vans might not be as alarming to the citizens as the guy wearing a clown nose and purple polka dotted Elvis costume Mr. Moose appears to be looking for.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old October 23, 2002, 12:35 PM   #33
Intune

Male shooter?

The media and one lying "eyewitness" have everyone believing this is a male shooter. If "he" is a she and her accomplice is a male driving the vehicle and making the phone calls then things just got a whole lot more difficult for the LEO's. According to reports at roadblocks they were letting females skate right through. (S)he's not a serial sniper, a serial ambusher would be a more fitting acronym. Gut shoots the bus driver from forty feet away? Please. No talent. Maybe not even a scope.
Old October 23, 2002, 05:04 PM   #34
Colinsky

In setting up the roadblocks, how are they determining if a shooting is by The Beltway Sniper? Have all other shootings ceased? Or are they setting up roadblocks are every shooting?
Old October 23, 2002, 07:22 PM   #35
Waterdog

jmgb29,

You don't know squat!. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would know that TINFOIL HAT reception is not consistent. It isn't like a TV or radio.

I have a hell of a time, getting the damn thing
to pick up info about current events. You should see me running around my yard under the HV powerlines that run across it. Most of the stuff
I get is classified. And being the good American
that I am, I clean it up for the masses.

I would think some of you, would show a little appreciation for the info I am passing along.

Not to mention the entertainment factor.

Waterdog
Old October 23, 2002, 07:33 PM   #36
M1911

Sorry, but the chances of this being done by a woman are just about nil. There have been female serial killers (the one in FL just got executed), but they are exceedingly rare. Just based on statistics, this is almost assuredly being done by a man.

M1911
Old October 23, 2002, 08:07 PM   #37
Fred Hansen

I have the same problem with intermittent Jupiter wave reception.

I feel your pain Waterdog.
"This started out as a documentary on gun violence in America, but the largest mass murder in our history was just committed -- without the use of a single gun! Not a single bullet fired! No bomb was set off, no missile was fired, no weapon (i.e., a device that was solely and specifically manufactured to kill humans) was used. A boxcutter! -- I can't stop thinking about this. A thousand gun control laws would not have prevented this massacre. What am I doing?"

Michael Moore
Old October 23, 2002, 08:23 PM   #38
gburner

The "Sniper" or "The Beltway Bushwhacker" as I prefer to call him is a resident of Area 51. He remains unseen using the device pioneered during the making of the Ahnuld flick, 'Predator' and escapes police dragnets by the use of a transmogrifier no longer used by Calvin and Hobbes.

Now that we all know this, my head hurts...which means it's time to put cotton candy in my pants, take my meds and go to the solarium to see if I'll be transported to Uranus this evening.

SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!
The guy is human, hiding in plain sight and all it takes is one armed citizen in the right place at the right time to send his muderous soul
to the cosmic pain festival that he so richly deserves.
Old October 23, 2002, 10:11 PM   #39
TexasVet

Not to mention the entertainment factor.

Waterdog
-----------------------------

This is NOT an inconsiderable consideration!
What you do
When it counts.
Old October 23, 2002, 11:18 PM   #40
Navy joe

Quote:
Jeez Louise, NavyJoe! With the scrutiny given to any gunowners in Md/ Va. much less one with a rifle in his truck, and an AR to boot, I am surprised we didn't see you on the 6 o'clock news spread eagle with a voice-over about how they had just stopped a potential copycat sniper!
Innocent is innocent, and if something like that happened I'd own the Police Department after I was done with them. I was within the law in every respect and the police know they just can't arrest every gun-owner. Seems like an awfully bad time to stop carrying a gun just because you're afraid of roadblocks.
Old October 24, 2002, 09:25 AM   #41
Waterdog

BTT
Old October 24, 2002, 10:30 AM   #42
Leatherneck

Quote:
Seems like an awfully bad time to stop carrying a gun just because you're afraid of roadblocks.
What Joe said.
TC
Old October 28, 2002, 10:59 PM   #43
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Waterdog,

In view of recent developments, do you still hold with this theory?
Old October 28, 2002, 11:17 PM   #44
4V50 Gary
Staff

With all the bad leads, it's little wonder LE was after the wrong suspect or vehicle. Those bushwhackers didn't need scanners to assist them in their evasion.

BTW guys, stop wasting that tinfoil. The missus is gonna be pissed the next time she wants to bake a turkey and there isn't any foil left. Do what I do. use an aluminum collander. The little drain holes allow heat to escape and you don't overheat your head that way. They're also small enough so the thought waves don't affect you.
Old October 29, 2002, 12:46 AM   #45
swingset

I saw this thread when it first appeared, and laughed myself stupid.

My mother is a DOD investigative agent for DISCO (defense industrial clearance security office). She investigates anyone who needs secret clearances for either defense contractors or inside the DOD itself.

I asked her about this guy, and she snickered. She called me after they caught him and told me she did a search and there's no record of him having any kind of secret clearance.

FWIW, she told me days after the Lewinsky/Clinton scandal that Monica had been given a very high clearance (she looked it up), which turned out to be 100% true as it was divulged a month later by the press. Momma knows her stuff, unlike some tin-foilers around here!
Old October 29, 2002, 02:12 AM   #46
Seeker

swingset,

DISCO Momma?

"The oppressed should rebel, and they will continue to rebel and raise disturbance until their civil rights are fully restored to them and all partial distinctions, exclusions and incapacitations are removed." --Thomas Jefferson
Don't Tread On Me!
"Equal and exact justice to all men, of whatever state or persuasion, religious or political; peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none" -- Thomas Jefferson

In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us.
-Thich Nhat Hanh