The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 22, 2008, 04:05 PM   #1
roman3

My used LCP

Got this from a person walking around at a gunshow this weekend. Said the gun hurt the arthritis in his hands. 190 rounds by me so far. $280 OTD. Couldn't pass it up even if I am a beta tester for ruger.

Like it so far. Bet there aren't to many out there who own a like new used LCP.
Old April 22, 2008, 08:25 PM   #2
Dr_2_B

any thoughts after 190?
Old April 22, 2008, 11:01 PM   #3
blind_shooter

yes please elaborate on what you think of the gun

— Mahatma Gandhi
Old April 23, 2008, 04:40 AM   #4
roman3

Well the very first mag I shot had two FTF's, really a failure to go into full battery. (with Fiocchi fmj) Quickly fixed with racking the slide and continue shooting. The second mag had 1 FTF (with Speer Gold Dot), this time I simply pushed the slide forward. After that the next 170 or so rounds ran flawlessly and with no issues.

50 rounds each of Fiocchi FMJ, Fiocchi HP and PMC Bronze and 20 rounds each of Winchester STX and Speer Gold Dot's.

It could have been me causing the FTF's as it took a while to adjust my grip to find a good way to hold the gun and I also at first let the gun dictate the recoil. Who know?

At 7 yards the gun was combat accurate enough for what the gun is. For the price I paid I like the gun very much and consider it a keeper.

I will put some WWB through it today. No issues so far. The web of my hand was a bit sore after this range time, the gun is for carry and is not a range gun.