The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 1, 2000, 01:58 PM   #1
Solarus

I'm going to need another reciever when building up a victor arms dedicated 22.
Are stripped lowers still being sold in california? Will the manufactures ship to FFLs in Cali? I'll weld the front take down pin to keep it legal if I have to.
Old February 1, 2000, 03:09 PM   #2
jaydee

I know a few people that attended the show last weekend that the Cow Palace, and they said there were many dealers selling stripped receivers, and complete guns, sans pistol grip... DOJ also signed off on it saying that as long as no SB23 evil features are included, it is legal...

From what I understand, if you pick up a post ban (sb23) receiver, (like there is a difference, other than the date you aquire the part...) It is illegal to put a pistol grip on the lower.

If you put a pistol grip on it, tried to register it as an AW, you woud probably be one of the first on the list for the SKS style buy back program that Lockyer will no doubt introduce before long... This guy must REALLY like guns, he was buying them up last year, and will probably continue to do the same...

Bet he is getting his inventory in place so that he can begin selling black market, black rifles to the gang bangers!
Old February 1, 2000, 03:20 PM   #3
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Solarus,
No offense, but I think you'll get more info in The Art of The Rifle Forum
(rather than in the General Forum).

So I'll ship you over there.
Closed Thread