The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 10, 2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Notch

Thinkin about a trade...

I have been toying with the idea of trying to find someone interested in trading a S&W 76 for my AR18... (not an ad)... I don't really rub shoulders with any other NFA folks so I thought I would just toss this idea out there and see what some of you others think about it... I love the Armalite, and it runs and shoots great but I have a soft spot for subguns and no longer own one.... Anyone done anything like this before and regretted it later? Maybe the best decision you have made??

TIA
Old May 10, 2009, 03:48 PM   #2
LordofWar

That would be foolish decision (No intention of being rude, just referring to the decision if/when you take).

AR-18 is a far better weapon than a S&W76 SMG in every way imaginable.

If it's SMGs that you want, play it safe. Go for an MP5 or Uzi... I'm oblivious of how much would the same cost where you are... so I'm taking the price & affordability variables to be constant.

The M76 to be honest is an UGLY weapon.
Old May 10, 2009, 07:25 PM   #3
p99guy

Notch, S&W 76 and SW760's are not something you want to trade your AR18 for( and I have owned what you are wanting to trade for) stock wobbles side to side, selector/safety is hardly ergonomic, crude sights, problematic magazines....in effect they really screwed up the Carl Gustav M45 by copying it. its a POS, if dead set on a open bolt 9mm subgun, trade it for a Andrewski built Sterling smg.

Me on set with a Carl Gustav
Old May 10, 2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Notch

Hey guys... Thanks for the feedback. I think you have already made me forget about it. I have a feeling that I would quickly miss the .223 goodness of the Costa Mesa. I would love to someday own an Uzi but I am in the great state of Minnesota where a "50 year old gun" is far easier to be trusted with than a 20 year old one..... ( Mn is a CnR mg only state.....) I knew I would get some sane input here.