The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 21, 2021, 11:28 AM   #1
ligonierbill

Nikon variable stuck

I have had this Nikon ProStaff 4-12X for about 10 years, first on an AR, now on a Remington 223. Yesterday at the range, I changed the magnification from 14 to 6 to do a little offhand practice. When I went to change it again, it was stuck fast. I think I am out of luck on the warranty, but I wonder if there is a simple fix. Anyone run into this?

Belay that request. I found that the small screw on top of the adjustment ring was loose. Counterintuitive, but I snugged it up and all is good.

Last edited by ligonierbill; May 21, 2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old May 22, 2021, 08:55 PM   #2
krunchnik

Glad you fixed the problem-I was also looking into Nikons old lifetime warranty-new warranty period is now 7 years and of coarse they are no longer in the scope making business.
I have several Nikons and they all have been great for the money-most of mine are the Pro Staff line.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:46 AM   #3
Don Fischer

I had a 4 1/2-14x Nikon went south on me last year. Called Nikon and they had me send it to them. They determined it was under warrantee, it was a lifetime one. They don't fix them anymore so gave me a $330 credit to what ever they sell. Got a pretty nice pair of Bino's with the $330! Give Nikon a call and see what they say. What Me or anyone else has to say is unimportant!