The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 29, 2002, 12:50 AM   #1
Foxy

P7M13 accuracy

I have a friend who claims that his P7M13 is capable of making one ragged hole or better at 25 yards. Are P7's capable of such accuracy?

(This same guy is a HK freak and claims to shoot well under 1/4MOA with his SL-8 on a regular basis, which is why I doubt him.)
Old January 29, 2002, 01:02 AM   #2
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

P7's are...

...for a service-type auto with a short sight radius, amazingly accurate. I could see an M13 making one ragged hole... a couple of inches across.

(As far as his SL8 tale, tell your buddy that, technically, groups consist of more than one shot; usually three or five.)
Old January 29, 2002, 12:02 PM   #3
Foxy

Hmm, has anyone bench-tested their P7? I'd really like to see numbers..

This guy is like an HK fan. If Theodore Koch made a big poopie and stuck a magazine in it, this guy would claim that it is the greatest CCW since no one would think that it's a gun and that it would most likely last 1/2 a million rounds and shoot 1/2 MOA at 300 yards (even though it may be a .45ACP). He's also not yet 18, but apparently 'owns' a SL8-1, P7, USP Tactical, sold a HK91 and got one of the Greek copies (and has/had a DIAS for it!), and I don't even know what else (apparently his mommy and daddy buys them all for him). I just don't trust the guy.
Old January 29, 2002, 12:23 PM   #4
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

You can tell him that at the weapon trials looking for new ammo for the NIS, the P7M8 (from a ransom rest) shot an average of 8.5" at 50 yards. Of course, in real stable hands (like his) it may have done better.

Looks like you've met a genuine GSC. Have you asked to see any of this fabulous collection that his mumsy and daddums allegedly bought for him, or are they all still inside his Rogue Spear game?
Old January 29, 2002, 12:26 PM   #5
hksigwalther

"...sold a HK91 and got one of the Greek copies..."

Well now why on Earth would you sell an original to buy a copy?
Old January 29, 2002, 12:29 PM   #6
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Why does...

...HK always attract these wannabe-types? Makes me ashamed to own a P7.

Well, almost ashamed.

Okay, not ashamed at all; it's one of the finest carry 9mm's on the planet; but, still...
Old January 29, 2002, 01:12 PM   #7
Ragin Cajun

Tamara,

Have you gathered up the courage (or need) to fully take down your P7?

I have several thousand through mine and I simply flush solvent through it when I do a good cleaning. I do clean the cylinder out before every 400 or so.
Old January 29, 2002, 01:33 PM   #8
Victor Romen

Foxy,

Can't trust some of those Riddle boys as far as you can throw them. Make an offer to go shooting with him. From your website you seem to know where to go. There is even a gun club on campus that you could check into (admittedly it is a bit loose knit).

Victor
Old January 29, 2002, 04:21 PM   #9
Foxy

To answer some questions:

1. Apparently, even though he can afford all of these guns, he hasn't gotten around to a digital camera yet (maybe I should offer to sell him my old 640x480 one for $20).

2. He decided he didn't want the HK91 anymore (I guess since it had the auto sear it cost too much to shoot), so he sold it, then realized that he still really wanted a 7.62mm weapon so he bought a imitation and sunk some money into it to make it as good as the original

3. I'd offer to take him out shooting, but he's not a Riddle student - he lives in Colorado somewhere. He's an internet buddy on another forum. I've heard scary things about the gun club on campus too
Old January 29, 2002, 05:40 PM   #10
Blue Duck357

Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me not to alienate 18 year gun loving students from Colorado, not sure what it was though...

P-7's are known for very good accuracy due to the barrel being so stable, but then again you never see one in the winners circle of a bullsyeye match.
Old January 29, 2002, 05:44 PM   #11
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

So this kid claims that his parents have bought him over $20k of semi- and full-auto weaponry before his 18th birthday? In today's socio-politico-legal climate? In the state of Columbine?

As far as I'm concerned, your buddy is Foxtrot Oscar Sierra without some substantial proof.

Tell him to throw the form 4 from his Flemming auto sear on the ole scanner...
Old January 29, 2002, 06:53 PM   #12
Victor Romen

Foxy,

What have you heard about the club? I'm interested in knowing what bad things you have heard about it. Send me an e-mail as it is off topic. Be candid as well, you are not going to hurt my feelings any. I'll admit we are sticklers about safety and are very serious about correct gun handling, but we value are body parts.

Victor
Old January 30, 2002, 10:50 AM   #13
Handy

I am looking at the P7M8 test target that came with the gun. Five shots in a 1 3/8" cluster from 25 meters. I would imagine if 13 rounds were fired it would look like one hole and ragged at that.

You wouldn't shoot it at a bullseye tournement because the site radius is short, not because the intrinsic accuracy is lacking.

My similar P9S will hold to a pie plate at 100 yards. No, I'm not going to shoot sillouetes with it.