The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 15, 2008, 10:28 PM   #1
photoman12001

CZ 52 Pistol Question

I finally got a CZ 52 after waiting several years for a good price. I picked up a nice specimen at a local store for $150. You can see photos and my report on the pistol at www.digitalperspective.org. Just click on the CZ 52 link.

I would really like to have some decent sites installed on this pistol and maybe have it refinished. The factory sites are terrible. Does anyone know a reputable outfit that does work like this on the CZ 52?

Thanks for any info.
Old June 15, 2008, 11:52 PM   #2
chris in va

Before you get it refinished, better get those edges rounded off first. Note where your middle finger sits. Ow!

Ergonomics are not the 52's strongpoint.
Old June 16, 2008, 07:35 AM   #3
kristop64089

I took my CZ to an Indoor range Sat. And yes, those sights suck!. I am going to take my slide in and have it milled for dovetails.
I C.H.S. where I was aiming, but I grouped nicely!

AND...the response this gets at the range is awesome. I was at the front counter, and my lil bro' was in the booth shooting it. You could here this concusive "thump" throuout the whole building almost a...."THEDUNK!", instead of a bang. And a foot long flame out the front.

I really thought they were going to have us quit shooting it. Instead, they wanted to shoot it. For as stout as the round is, it has surprisingly little recoil.

I wish there were current guns chambered for 7.62x25, but there isn't
Old June 17, 2008, 07:02 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

These guys do a lot with theat pistol ( even have a 22 conversion similar to shooting the FN 5.7 )

http://www.reedsammo.com/default.asp
Old June 17, 2008, 10:20 AM   #5
GeorgeF

If I could find a cheap (inexpensive) one like you did I would get it hard-chromed. One place did that as a gimmick to all of their newly imported CZ52's (about two years ago). They looked sharp! Something about that big pistol with all that chrome.

Enjoy it!
Old June 27, 2008, 09:19 PM   #6
G. Sams

Location: Afton, Tennessee, near Greeneville, eastern part of the state.
CZ52, The Hand Cannon

I had a CZ52, what a noise maker! I did some upgrading on the firing pin and replaced the roller bearings. It tightened up the groups some but not enough for me to keep it. It sure was an unusual firearm design but was well made.