The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 17, 2006, 09:42 PM   #1
mike_d

***help*** Ruger P95

I Am A New Owner Of A Ruger P95, We Went Out To Fire Earlier And I Wanted To Clean It... Took It Apart As Per The Instructions, Cleaned It, Began Putting It Back Together As The Directions In The Manual Said. I Missed Something Somewere. The Slide Is Locked Back And The Ejector Needs To Be Pushed Down But I Cant Get To It, The Spring And Barrel Are Improperly Put Back On As Well. Anyone Had Similar Problem Or Any Info On How To Fix This. Thanks
Old January 17, 2006, 10:00 PM   #2
mike_d

Wow I Hope That Never Happens To Anyone. That Sucked. I Got It Though.
Old January 18, 2006, 02:05 AM   #3
Mosin44az

Glad you got it. Sounds like the ejector got flipped back up too early.
Old January 18, 2006, 02:23 AM   #4
last_stand

something very similar happened to my glock when i first bought it. after finallizing the deal, the guy i bought it from immediately went on to another customer and left his "assistant" to show me how to dissasemble the thing. he jacked the slide to the first click (as your suppost to), released the catch and pushed forward. only before it came all the way off, for some reason he pushed it back and jacked it all the way. it stuck in that position, and i cringed as he kept switching hand positions to try to force the thing back to normal. after a while it went but ever since i have to pull the trigger before fully taking it apart. the manual says if the trigger becomes cocked during dissasembly that you'll have to start over but if you pull it at a certain point, the slide comes right off oh well, glad you got yours unstuck.