The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 7, 2001, 05:59 PM   #1
MOLEXEY

I have a Custom CDP that I sent in for warranty work last week. No major problems, the gun shoots great and has been completely reliable for the 900 rds I have through it. However when comparing it to my Pro CDP the finish was not as good. On one side it was very rough. Between that and the fact that I wanted to get the SA magwell from the custom shop I decided to send it in.
I sent it via FedEx last Tuesday ; Kimber received it Wednesday AM ; Dennis(from the custom shop ) called me that same morning to discuss my problem and agreed that the gun needed to be re-finished. At the end of the conversation he told me I should have the gun back in my hands by Friday. Sure enough , Friday AM the UPS guy brings in a box from Kimber. The gun had been completely re-bead blasted, fitted with the mag well and the rosewood grips made to fit with the well, test fired and cleaned. They also replaced the rear sight ( for free!) which I had scuffed slightly while trying to drift it a little. It looks great. From Texas to New York and back looking better than ever in four days, that has to be some kind of record.
The bottom line : any company can let a sub par product slip through the line ( I've had problems with Glock, Ruger, S&W and HK). What sets good companies apart from the others is customer service. Kimber has definately redefined my view of what great customer service is. Sorry for the long post just wanted to share this experience.

Thanks,

Martin
Old May 8, 2001, 02:57 PM   #2
Monkeyleg

There's been a lot of bashing of Kimber's customer service here. My experience with them, though, was as positive and timely as yours.

Dick
Old May 8, 2001, 04:04 PM   #3
Mark King

I also had a positive experience with Kimber's customer service. I somehow managed to break a barrel bushing. A call to customer service on Monday had a replacement to me by Friday.
They are also very good at answering questions you have on the products.

Mark /FL