The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 28, 1999, 06:39 PM   #101
FALgnnr

WoooHoo! 100th post on the thread

CAR15
HK93
SKS
PolyTech AK47s
FAL Congo
M3 Benelli
10/22

Yes, a wide variety of deterents!
Old July 28, 1999, 06:47 PM   #102
Futo Inu

Since there were 99 posts, I waited and waited to see if anyone else would post to bust 100, but finally had to add my post of (relatively) weak arsenal of bedside equipment/ home defense array:

1. 82-pound Akita. She has a very advanced sense of discretion when it comes to knowing when/when not to bark. Loudly and fiercely when a stranger, not at all if she knows them OR if I'm in the vicinity yet she sees I'm not disturbed.

2. Bars on all the doors and windows (the house I just moved into was formerly occupied by a little old lady who died, and I'm too lazy to remove the bars; actually I kind of like them but I just tell people I haven't got a round to taking them down yet).

3. Bedside: Just my carry pistol (Glock .30 in .400CB conversion) and an SKS, a flashlight, pepper spray, and mobile phone - fire extinguisher is around the corner. Some of you guys I can't tell if you're kidding about how many guns are stashed around the house - unbelievable. The amazing part to me is how you convinced your wives/SOs to let you have that many guns around. My last girlfriend thought I was a nut case for having two or three guns in the bedroom.

FAL, we posted at the same time, but you beat me to the submit button!

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited July 28, 1999).]
Old July 29, 1999, 12:05 AM   #103
boxer

a different twist...i asked my neighbor's(all 3 that live in the same cul desac)what type of home defense they employed,kind of indirectly,typical response"call the police". me "no but what are you going to do until they get there".....them,"huh"one enterprising person did have a bat. feel sorry for these folks especially since they know about the couple in our "hood"that got tied up and robbed in the middle of the night.boxer