The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old June 22, 2000, 05:10 PM   #1
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

http://www.southeasternlegal.org/disbar_clinton.htm

Dancing a happy jig I am.

Old June 22, 2000, 05:37 PM   #2
Jim V

Odd, I did not get any article by clicking on the link but I did get a donation form.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"
Old June 22, 2000, 05:42 PM   #3
Jack 99

I've always felt, even with every other scandal that's surrounded the Sociopath-in Chief, that this is the real test of whether or not we still live in a Republic under Rule of Law.

Why?

The people who will decide Clintoon's fate were appointed by him or other Dems in Arkansas. The justices have all sworn an oath to the Dem Party.

On the other side of the coin, the law is crystal clear in this one. No immunity or privelege or any legal BS that Slick Willy usually uses to divert attention. This is the legal system policing its own. ANY and EVERY lawyer found in contempt would be disbarred, every time, in every state, especially in front of a Grand Jury.

If Clinton gets away with this one, we are no longer living under Rule of Law. We live under Rule of Men as a point of fact. No questions about it.

------------------
"Put a rifle in the hands of a Subject, and he immediately becomes a Citizen." -- Jeff Cooper

"The fact is that the average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary, exactly like his love of sense, justice and truth. He is not actually happy when free; he is uncomfortable, a bit alarmed, and intolerably lonely. Liberty is not a thing for the great masses of men. It is the exclusive possession of a small and disreputable minority, like knowledge, courage and honor. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty - and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies." -- H.L. Mencken, February 12, 1923, Baltimore Evening Sun

"If God had not wanted them to be sheared, he would not have made them sheep." -- Bad guy from the Magnificent Seven.

"Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blow." -- Bob Dylan

"This is This" -- Robert DeNiro as "Michael" in THE DEER HUNTER
Old June 22, 2000, 06:26 PM   #4
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Jim, you should've gotten a second pop-up window with a scan of the letter announcing the start of the disbarment proceedings.
Old June 22, 2000, 06:37 PM   #5
Dennis Olson

Here is the actual link to the scanned image:

https://www.ifr-ors.com/ors_2_live/c...up/clinton.htm
Old June 22, 2000, 07:51 PM   #6
James E

Hey! I don't want to be a wet blanket, but doesn't an attorney have to be practicing law at the time of their alleged offense. What's the straight scoop on that angle?

Jim
Old June 22, 2000, 11:56 PM   #7
mjsarge

James,
No, you do not have to be practicing at the time of the offense. If you are a licensed attorney when it happens, that's good enough to get you disbarred, if the offense warrants a punishment that severe. Perjury is one of those things. Is someone disbarred for it very often, no. But in this case due to the circumstances surrounding it, yes he should be. Plus he should be exiled to Hell along with his demonseed of a wife and his sidekick Al "rot in jail gun owners" Gore. Sorry, about that boy that got ugly quick didn't it?

------------------
NRA Life Member
GOA Member
GSSF Member

[This message has been edited by mjsarge (edited June 23, 2000).]
Old June 23, 2000, 12:07 AM   #8
James E

Roger that, mjsarge: Great news...Wooopeee, get the tar and feathers. Hard to believe the sleezey one is going down in flames.
Old June 23, 2000, 01:21 AM   #9
Jay Baker

I'm not being negative, here, I'm just positive that they won't disbar the King.

J.B.
Old June 23, 2000, 03:22 PM   #10
RHC

That's what Clinton's defenders are arguing, that he wasn't practicing law when he lied to the court. I suppose that is an attempt at mitigation, but not really a defense. Lawyers are routinely disbarred for lying to banks, for drug offenses and so on - for actions not involved in the practice of law.

Almost any felony, almost any offense that involves "moral turptitude" is enough. I swear I am not making this up, but I read a case once disbarring a lawyer who had impregnated his client, who was a retarded female dwarf. The court decided that was moral turptitude.
Old June 23, 2000, 03:43 PM   #11
James E

Only a sleezy lawyer would stoop so low as to take advantage of a dwarf. Some are indeed bottom feeders.