The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old June 1, 2004, 01:00 AM   #1
swingset

Got to shoot a holy-grail weapon!

Went to a shoot with some members of the various forums I belong to, and there were some sub-gun and F/A class III guys there who let us share their fine weapons. I was busy throwing lead downrange when I looked to my left to see someone unpacking, what to me, is the ultimate AW....the vaunted Sig 552 Commando. I literally dropped my rifle (after unloading!) and went down there to drool over it. Turns out it's a duty weapon and the guy who brought it is a SWAT entry team member. He had lots of subguns, but that Siggy had me lusting. He told me after some conversation that I could shoot it if I fed it...which I did!

All I can say is WHOA! What a fantastic weapon. Terrific ergos, laid out just perfectly and simple as an AK. Really controllable in FA or 3 round, and the sights (with tritiums) are really good for a SBR. It lived up to its hype. Damn our draconian import laws, cause this would be mine if there were a civy version, no matter the cost. Yes, I like it that much.

It was a great day, also got behind an MG08/15, a 1919 and a 10.5" AR with whisper can. All very cool but the Sig was the shoot of a lifetime. Just had to gloat!
Old June 1, 2004, 03:50 AM   #2
Bud Helms

'Sounds ike you packed in some rare opportunities in one great range day. Lucky guy!
Old June 1, 2004, 09:59 AM   #3
Zundfolge

/me ... green with envy
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt."
Ayn Rand
Old June 1, 2004, 10:08 AM   #4
ronin308

I'm jealous as well. I would have liked to see it field stripped too.
Old June 1, 2004, 11:10 AM   #5
Nightfall

Tsk tsk. What a lost opportunity! You shoulda bonked the guy on the head and ran off with it!
Old June 1, 2004, 11:14 AM   #6
FirstFreedom

Darn you, you lucky dog!
Old June 1, 2004, 01:29 PM   #7
Destructo6

Bare SIG 55x receivers are available, as are parts kits...

Keep all of them clean.