The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old May 5, 2000, 06:59 PM   #1
AllanHampton

The Constitution Society http://www.constitution.org/

The Constitution Society is a private non-profit organization dedicated to research and public education on the principles of constitutional republican government. It publishes documentation, engages in litigation, and organizes local citizens groups to work for reform.

This organization was founded in response to the growing concern that noncompliance with the U.S. Constitution and most state constitutions is creating a crisis of legitimacy that threatens freedom and civil rights. Although the focus here is on the United States, we plan to expand coverage to include the rest of the world. We maintain that the principles of constitutional republicanism are universal, and applicable to all nations, although not well understood or upheld by most. We also examine the related principles of federalism, and show how those principles are applicable to solving the fundamental problem of avoiding excessive or unbalanced concentrations of power.

The following pages examine this subject in more detail:
Old May 5, 2000, 08:58 PM   #2
bookkie

Allen:

Glad you found that site. It has been one of my favorites. Although the commentary is sometimes off the wall.... the collection of founding documents is outstanding. Between that site and 2ndlawlib I've spent many an hour reading and studying our founding. I would suggest that any freedom loving person, bookmark this site and study the documents there.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!
Old May 5, 2000, 09:19 PM   #3
AllanHampton

bookkie, thanks. That is a good site. I've used it for a couple of years or so.