The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old March 30, 2005, 09:39 PM   #101
Aggie1

This is almost as funny as the original MallNinja.
Old March 30, 2005, 10:06 PM   #102
Greenfurniture

The original Mall Ninja? "Gecko 45?"

I can guarantee that if this goes down I will tote both he and Tamara to the shoot.
Old March 30, 2005, 10:17 PM   #103
Larry Ashcraft

IF it happens (and I have my serious doubts), I will be there.

"Our boss does not suffer posers"
Old March 30, 2005, 10:44 PM   #104
skyydiver

Off Topic

Hey guys. This is my first post here, and it just seemed like a good place to jump in and say:

1. Seems like a good forum.
2. I'm just a regular guy, and thanks to all of you who have BTDT!
3. I ain't touchin the $$ that is being discussed in this thread.
and
4. I've never heard the real deal brag like this either, but I know a couple of Marines who would probably love to meet this guy.

Oh, and for the record, I can fall out of a plane, but that's hard NOT to do w/the door open! Lucky, I bet you've jumped into a hot LZ, eh? Wanna make some jumps for $$?
Old March 30, 2005, 10:51 PM   #105
thralduro

"Been-There-Done-That"

Thanks guys...I'll add this to my "tactical" verbage.

By the way, for all of you reading this thread, I have been known to dabble in Satire regarding guys like this....if you're up for a funny story, follow this thread.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ight=Part+Deux

http://www.leaa.org/

http://www.nra.org/
Old March 30, 2005, 11:35 PM   #106
El Rojo

I stuck to the High Road, but Rich, you sure make me miss the Firing Line. Claissic laughs coming out of this one.

Lucky I have your back. I believe in the underdog. Don't let me down! Take their money!
Old March 31, 2005, 12:07 AM   #107
Bogie

I got an idea...

Let's have a "Get LuckyinKentucky" shooting match somewhere.

Prize is $1. Signed by the losers.

I'll buy a buncha steaks, and bring a keg of Shiner for afterwards.

And making the world's greatest bottle openers!
Old March 31, 2005, 12:23 AM   #108
The Body Bagger

thats actually pretty funny, then we can all stand around and post a group pic smiling holding the dollar.......WE MISS YA LUCKY! Come back!!!!!!.........please?
Old March 31, 2005, 12:42 AM   #109
4V50 Gary
Staff

Let him either accept Rich's challenge or slip away into obscurity.
Old March 31, 2005, 01:16 AM   #110
Bogie

Okay then - let's have a "shoot all day, then get fat at night" match sometime...

Old March 31, 2005, 01:47 AM   #111
DT Guy

Either-

He realized that somebody could track down where he was posting from, and suddenly soiled himself with the thought that we'd all show up at his place,

OR

His mommy needed the computer to go on E-Bay.

I'm thinking E-Bay....

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old March 31, 2005, 09:45 AM   #112
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Folks, I think we can all be accused of "piling on" here, myself included. Despite the fact that LuckyinKentucky invited our comments, observations and opinions with his challenge, we really need to raise the bar a bit. Please avoid personal attcks.

I will be travelling all day and will be hunting Fri-Sun. I'm uncertain whether I'll have internet service at the lodge, but I'll bring the laptop in case. So, if Lucky does respond and y'all don't hear from me, you know why.

Lucky-
Tick-Tock.
Rich
Old March 31, 2005, 10:21 AM   #113
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Ha.

I think it's been long enough since my last proclamation that I can say, Rich...you DA MAN.

John
Old March 31, 2005, 12:28 PM   #114
patent

Prize is $1. Signed by the losers.
Finally, one I can afford.
Old March 31, 2005, 12:41 PM   #115
OF

Quote:
I can't believe we're all talking as though this is actually gonna happen....me included.
That's the funny part. Seeing as how the laws of phsyics prevent this guy's claims from being true, this thread is all about people with nothing better to do than pretend this is really happening.

Get to work you lazy bums!

- Gabe (not working to post this...)
Old March 31, 2005, 06:17 PM   #116
Bogie

Hey, there's nothin' quite like watching a buncha friendly folks with $4,000 rifles shooting groups for $1 each... Some of 'em get framed...

Old April 1, 2005, 01:58 AM   #117
SSgt_JHenry_8654

A friend of mine tells me there is a range sniper in here claimin .2 MOA with an SVD @ 800 meters... and he is a "Scout Sniper". Show yourself. I made this account just for the occasion...

SSgt Henry
Old April 1, 2005, 02:07 AM   #118
SSgt_JHenry_8654

Hey there "kentucky" whatever your name is... you mentioned the "1000 meter range" ... thats funny... the Marine Corps uses yards not meters. And... "no one has half the training i do" .... hahaha. So whats your MOL account anyway... if you have one.

SSgt Henry

SSGT. VINCENT A. SABASTEANSKI, 1ST FORCE RECON
SSGT. DAVID E. GALLOWAY, 1ST FORCE RECON
SSGT. JEFFERY R. STARLING, 1ST FORCE RECON
CPL. MARK A. BACA, 1ST FORCE RECON
HM1 JAY J. ASIS, 1ST FORCE RECON

5th Plt 1st F.R. Dec. 09 1999
Old April 1, 2005, 02:16 AM   #119
Powderman

Hey, Kentucky....

Remember those snake eaters I mentioned?

It seems that you woke one up.

(whoops!)
Old April 1, 2005, 03:55 AM   #120
GunnyBob

Seems like "our boy" Lucky has gotten himself a severe case of cold feet, SSgt Henry. Shame too; I so enjoy watching a good old fashioned shootout.
Old April 1, 2005, 04:09 AM   #121
LuckyInKentucky

Listen guys and girls, I'm gonna have to apologize even though I am personally not in the wrong. My little brother had been watching our house while my wife and I were on Spring Break. He told me that he got me into a fix but I thought he was joking. Some people really have a twisted sense of humour. Evidently he thought it would be funny to go around to the forums that I am a member of and post a bunch of bull using my screen name and get a kick out of the reactions.

Listen, I really apologize for his stupidity and hope you all can look past his ignorance and understand what's going on here. The last topic I posted was on March 23 in the reloading section. I was asking a question about reloading a 45-70 for maximum distance. Everything after that is in his words, but using my screen name. He came on the 24th and posted a bunch of crap over on that topic too. I have a mess to clean up!

I don't even own an SVD Dragunov, nor can I shoot half as well as he said I could. I wish I could, but that's not realistic. I've never been in the Marines. I might have joined but I am 60% deaf in my left ear due to an accident as a teenager. Again, I am terribly sorry about the troubles and hope all can understand my situation. Hell, now I have to go to Ebay with the same problem. Evidently the Jackass ordered a bunch of wholesale quantity salt shakers and toothbrushes in my name, I'm not gonna buy them! Please look past this as a simple misunderstanding. I hope that this doesn't hinder my ability to post here because I really enjoy these forums from what I have seen of them.
Old April 1, 2005, 04:17 AM   #122
BluesBear

Location: Mill Creek, Washington (The Great Pacific NorthWet)
So what you're saying is that this infomation in your profile that says;

Biography:
Marine, Outdoorsman, and Survivalist Instructor
Outdoor Survivalist Instructor

was changed by your baby brother after March 23rd?

You do realize that the site admins can verify when that info was entered don't you?

And what about this entry posted March THIRTEENTH? (The day you joined TFL.
Quote:
I will give you a little "Professional" advice on solving your problem. It's a little trick the Gunny used on us when we were firing the Barrett .50 cals in our final evolution of the particular training I was in in the Corps. By the way, all of the previous are good suggestions, but this is the way I was trained.

Are you sure you wanna stick to the "my little brother ate my homework" story?

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.
(Chris Curino - Kimber Mfg. Co.)

Old April 1, 2005, 04:56 AM   #123
mylesd

Yea i have to say the little brother story is pretty lame. But on a side note... yea i agree... $10k plus first class airfare totally isnt worth my time for a weekend. I mean hell you forget that I can get 2 MOA at 2000 yards with my Daisy Pump Action Pellet Repeater! Clearly we must up the antee to make it worth my while. Did I ever tell you about the time I shot the flea on my dog right between the eyes with my Rem PSS .308 from 600m away in the dark with fog and then I walked home afterwards in the snow, with no shoes, uphill both ways
Old April 1, 2005, 05:11 AM   #124
MTMilitiaman

There's nothing like having one's bluff called to sober a man really quick like. And having been violently shaken back to reality, one would assume, as the saying goes, that any wise man would learn from his mistake and cease to attempt further bluffs against those who apparently know better. The jury is still out, but it appears LIK may not be what we could term a "wise man." I try not to judge, but honestly have always remained skeptical of these stories as I hear far too many of them. Just once I'd like to see someone have the testicular fortitude to man-it-up and admit a mistake with full acceptance of any punishment deemed necessary. In my experience, people are usually far more forgiving if they know someone is willing to take the worst punishment they can offer. If Lucky's computer has been out of his control for the entirety of these events, then I am willing to move on. But alas, evidence has been brought to light that indicates he has a real problem with chronic lying and exageration in a crowd that appreciates neither.

That said, don't knock the "uphill both ways" story. I've been there. It can happen. Strangest thing in the world when you realize what you just did too...
Old April 1, 2005, 05:19 AM   #125
NSO_w/_SIG

Lol

I don't buy it but, whatever, did anyone really expect for it to end in any other way?
Closed Thread