The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Closed Thread

Old April 1, 2005, 05:46 AM   #126
IZinterrogator

I was hoping for an apology to the people that actually have defended this country, past and present, but everytime I have seen a Internet vet get caught in their lie, it has never happened. They claim they were joking and we shouldn't take it seriously or in this case that it was a phantom brother's fault. I think anybody who does this should be forced to read Stolen Valor by B.G. Burkett. And if the fakers still don't feel like apologizing, I think all the real vets on TFL should be given their address so we can beat the hell out of them with the hardcover edition.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old April 1, 2005, 06:33 AM   #127
stealthmode

boy i read all this for nothing. what a jip.

Old April 1, 2005, 08:06 AM   #128
HankL

I hope Rich is able to get on line at the hunting lodge. This is priceless.

I recall S.E.A.L. guys take great pleasure in calling posers to task. I would think that the Marines would have their own ways. No sense in getting Dona's brothers involved in this one.

Thank you for the entertainment Lucky.

Hank Lampe
Old April 1, 2005, 08:47 AM   #129
tyme
Staff

Are you a teacher? I can't think of anyone outside of academia who would call a vacation "spring break." And you went on spring break on a Wednesday?

What do you have to say for yourself about that March 13th post?

Bluesbear... There are backups from March 20, 24, 27, 29, 30, 31, and today. And that's no April fools joke, LiK.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old April 1, 2005, 08:49 AM   #130
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Hold Up, Please

This is a most interesting development. If confirmed, it's one of those things that CAN happen from time to time, and we'll all grin and move on. If refuted, appropriate action will be taken.

Staff consultations are in progress.

In the meantime, I ask ALL MEMBERS to be patient and withhold any additional comment on the matter. For the time being, it doesn't MATTER whether or not an individual member buys the story. As pointed out by Blues Bear, there are ways of confirming/refuting certain data.

Again, please hold off. I'd rather not need to delete any posts from this thread. Sooner or later, WE WILL MOVE ON, and I'd like to leave the thread intact for later amusement.

Thank all of you for your cooperation.

Johnny Guest
TFL Staff
Forum Moderator
Old April 1, 2005, 08:53 AM   #131
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Lucky-
Your "little brother" story is simply not credible. As BluesBear has pointed out, you claimed Marine status the first day you posted.

You are now dismissed. Next poser up.

Just one other thing, though. I am a great believer in personal responsibility. Even before your "brother's" hijack you were posting some disturbing flights of fantasy from home and your school/work place. These included comments about harassing your sleeping neighbors with gunfire and the like and other items of Black-Ops fantasy.

I'm going to strongly suggest you contact me by email: [email protected]
Given what I've seen here, I think it may be incumbent on me to contact the Forces-That-Be at the Ky State Network that you've posted from. You can explain the "little brother" story to them; but I'll sleep a lot better.

Contact me by Monday AM. I'm concerned that you may constitute a "danger to self or others". I'd like to be disabused of that notion.

Meantime, this thread is pretty much done.
Rich Lucibella
Old April 1, 2005, 09:00 AM   #132
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

That's about it, then.

Thread closed subject to Administrator action.

Johnny
Closed Thread