The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old September 13, 2002, 09:32 PM   #1
Bill Levinson

Progressivefunds.com KILLED again!

Go to Progressivefunds' Handgun Control Inc. shopping mall and click on one of the merchants.

http://www.progressivefunds.com/hci/index.html

Sorry! You have clicked on a link that has expired or been deactivated. The link was used to facilitate relationships between merchant and affiliate members of the LinkShare Network. We apologize for any inconvenience.

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/victory.html for the original story.

--Bill

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/mmm/ Million Mom March information pages
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell.
-King Richard III, Act V, Scene 3

http://www.stentorian.com/2ndamend/
Old September 14, 2002, 03:00 AM   #2
Pendragon

You're a good man Bill.

Men like you and Jim March have a very peculiar form of madness. That ability to focus on the target, to do what needs to be done, to live without comforts and conveniences for the sake of the cause...

I admire that.
Old September 14, 2002, 12:47 PM   #3
C.R.Sam

(What Pendragon said)²

Sam
Old September 14, 2002, 01:52 PM   #4
KSFreeman

Here's to Bill! TFL's General Giap!
Old September 15, 2002, 05:13 AM   #5
WyldOne

I guess I'm just not seeing the causation here.

Quote:
"Under Construction: The site you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded. Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator."

Damage assessment: Progressivefunds.com's Linkshare affiliate status was revoked for the reason described.
What? Just because a website is Under Construction? Um...Maybe they're just updating their website?

Do we have any evidence that their linkshare affiliate status was revoked? And if so, do we have any evidence that it was revoked for this specific reason?

Quote:
Other Victories
SLAM Music (this 501(c)(3) tax-exempt group held a SLAM the NRA concert to raise money for Handgun Control Inc. in July 2000) has not updated its Web site since then. They really shouldn't have posted their concert announcements in Usenet, especially not in talk.politics.guns...

What does not updating a website have to do with anything? There are plenty of organizations, specifically non-profits, who just don't have the time/resources to keep a website properly maintained. That doesn't mean the group no longer exists; it usually means that they are focusing their resources on other areas.

Jeez, I haven't updated my website in a while. Does that mean I died?

Besides, if they did update their website, they might have to put up an "Under Construction" sign, and we all apparently learned what it means when a site is under construction....

Quote:
Ace Hardware apparently dumps Rosie O'Donnell: credit to talk.politics.guns
People/newsgroups are getting credit for something that we're not even sure happened?

Look, I don't mean to be a wet blanket here. But I'm gonna need a little more proof of the cause and effect that you're telling me.

WyldOne's Fun & Political BB

WyldOne's homepage
Old September 15, 2002, 06:42 AM   #6
dZ

here the entire current list of prog fund benefactors:
Quote:
ProgressiveFunds.com serves as a link source for colleges, charities, and other non-profits organizations._ Retailers whose links appear on these pages guarantee a portion of each purchase to ProgressiveFunds.com organizations._ If your alma mater or favorite organization does not have it's own ProgressiveFunds.com links page, or if your favorite retailer does not have a link on your organization's page, please contact us at [email protected]._

A - C
Bolding Institute _

D - F
DCCC _

G - I
Hangun Control, Inc. _

J - L
_

M - O
_

P - R
_

S - U
Texas Democratic Party _

V - X
_

Y - Z
i'd say prog fund is a dead thing
Old September 15, 2002, 12:26 PM   #7
CWL

Hey Bill,

The link to Dell Computers is still working.