The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

View Poll Results: what do u prefer?
Glock 298 48.85%
HK 312 51.15%
Voters: 610. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 8, 2001, 09:51 AM   #76
don't shoot it's me

I think a duel whould settle any disputes...but which gun? Heck, I've always rooted for the underdog so I hope HK loses....life would be boring if we all jumped on the bandwagon....maybe I'll just vote for my Raven 25...
Old July 9, 2001, 12:04 AM   #77
Hi-Tower

>> Well if it means anything to you 75% of the leo community disagrees with you and shoots glock

Yeah, it means at least 75% of of leo's are numbskulls who've probably never even heard of HK.

HK is the way!
Old July 9, 2001, 12:35 AM   #78
Shake

I'm really starting to get sick of the "which gun is better than the other" threads (don't care if they keep getting posted,but I won't be reading them).

I've never seen so much biased, unsubstantiated BS being generated in one thread.

The H&K rusts the minute you take it out of its wrapper. . . or was that the GLOCK??? The GLOCK trigger is the worst trigger system ever invented. . . wait, maybe its the H&K's that was the worst. The GLOCKs bore axis is lower by 2.3X10 23 inches which translates into better shooting. The H&Ks higher bore axis reduces the shooters felt recoil by 10% over the GLOCKs and 1.5% of all GLOCK and H&K shooters can feel the difference. The GLOCK is the only handgun on the face of the earth that can be fired at great whites underwater and is used by divers who hunt sharks. The H&K is used by every elite military force in the universe, but they have to roll them around on cannon wheels because they are so big. 75.32422432% of all police officers in the whole nation use the GLOCK because they all tried the H&K and decided they didn't like them because they are .3223443 inches wider than the GLOCK and that translates into less knockdown power at long ranges. GLOCKS are much better guns because more people buy them. H&K's, hey they are great guns, but you have to mortgage your house and sell a kidney to buy one. GLOCKs don't have manual safeties and are very dangerous, because when you pull the trigger there is a very high likleyhood that they will fire. H&K's firing pins break the second you even think about dry firing ( I encourage people to practice not thinking aobut dry firing before buying H&K's for this reason). If you call H&K's customer service, they will respond within a year and their response will be "bite me". On the other hand, GLOCK will put Gaston on a plane and he will be at your doorstep to personally repair your gun while-u-wait. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. :barf: :barf: . . . .

Get real.

Shake

-George Patton
Old July 9, 2001, 05:45 PM   #79
Shootin' Shane

I guess that is why the question was simply "which do you LIKE better", and not "which gun is better"....
Old July 9, 2001, 06:02 PM   #80
don't shoot it's me

Although I never met any of you and have no vested interest in anything any of you say or do, and you in turn have no vested interest in me, you should take the advice of a total stranger who may or may not have the IQ of a sack of hammers and only buy what I like...here is my list of favorites...

Gun......Raven arms .25
ammo...european corrisve primed
Holster...suede with plastic belt clip
Car.......Hugo
Clothing....Walmart
Food.....pork rinds
Movie....Attack of the killer tomatoes
Woman....tie between Rosie O'Donnell and "Hanoi" Jane Fonda

I have spoken.....this should end any more controversy....
Old July 9, 2001, 06:49 PM   #81
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

I almost bought a G17 years ago.. the only glock I really like, but the lack of an external safety still bugs me.

I'd still LOVE to have an HK P9S in 45. Sure its big. Who cares its a sweet looking/feeling pistol.

In the defense of the HK USP Ive seen less jams with it in a year of IDPA than the glocks, but they are both pretty good guns. I think the USP is a big fuugly thing but it works.

Slight edge to the HK. But just slight.
Old July 9, 2001, 09:06 PM   #82
Shake

Shootin' Shane,

You are correct, that was the question, but a quick scan of most of the posts shows that is not the question people are answering. Rather each person is attempting to explain to the "unbelievers" why their favorite is the best.

Shake

-George Patton
Old July 9, 2001, 09:34 PM   #83
Dusan

Glock!
Old July 9, 2001, 11:03 PM   #84
Shootin' Shane

That's all I meant. The original poster is interested in which gun people prefer simply out of curiosity and like you said, it always has to turn into "my brand X is better than your brand Z." They're both excellent guns. Having owned both, I prefer the HK.
Old July 10, 2001, 02:08 PM   #85
Shake

SS,

Exactly.

I prefer the H&K as well, but I don't think I could ever make the claim that it is "better" than the GLOCK. For me it is, for someone else it may very well be the GLOCK. What gets me is that they think if you don't agree, you are not enlightened.

Shake

-George Patton
Old July 28, 2001, 07:51 AM   #86
Uncle Jack

Own both. Glad that I am not forced to choose. If I did it would be Glock.
Old July 28, 2001, 07:52 AM   #87
Glockem

Between your faith "HK" and a "Glock", I'll choose any of my 8 Glocks...
Old July 28, 2001, 10:02 AM   #88
JMH

Anyone ever detail-stripped an HK USP next to a Glock? The USP is one complex piece of machinery. Glock gets the same job done with fewer parts, and fewer parts means more reliability.

However, they're both fine guns, and I wouldn't feel under-armed with either. The USP is certainly more comfortable. And if you own an HK you can put up one of those cool posters of the SAS at the Iranian Embassy.
Old July 28, 2001, 12:15 PM   #89
Ed2

Hey dont_shoot_it's_me...

What's wrong with pork rinds. They make my stomach want to leap from my body and dance for joy.

Nothing beats a P7 while youre shooting it (best trigger on the planet), but it's not a good carry gun - very heavy, lots of sharp edges, and, with me, the mag used to pop out now and then because of those long mag release levers. I liked my USP but it was big and clunky and the trigger was terrible. For an all around gun I'd choose the glock. That long slide 40 looks awful nice.
Old July 28, 2001, 04:14 PM   #90
IronBalls

Glock, in a big way honey.
Old July 29, 2001, 08:51 PM   #91
7th Fleet

No doubt about it GLOCK...7th
Old August 5, 2001, 07:23 AM   #92
muzzletalk

My vote is H&K. People say that it is overpriced. I have always believed that you get what you pay for.
Old August 5, 2001, 10:51 AM   #93
New_comer

Hi, everyone!

My vote would be for HK.

At the just concluded gun show here in manila, the HK usp compact was the overwhelming choice of buyers, with an order list lengthening from only a month's wait at the start of the show to a 6 month waiting period this afternoon. Although there were many curious lookers at the Glock stall, I believe most buyers shied away from them due to many sad stories of accidental discharge and so on and so forth... i guess "no safety, no good" is the motto for us here civilian gunowners. Maybe for military purposes, it would be a different matter (though local police carry Berettas).

Anyways, i know both guns are great, and as long as one's satisfied with his gun, it really doesn't matter.

Thanks 2 all and MABUHAY!!
Old September 1, 2001, 12:06 PM   #94
glockjock

Both are fine handguns...I prefer Glock primarily because I shoot it more accurately, and I like the feel of the Glock in my hand...just a personal preference, I suppose.

gj
Old September 1, 2001, 01:04 PM   #95
don't shoot it's me

Ed....I carry a P7 everyday.....not too heavy for me, mag has never popped out on me and I haven't noticed any sharp edges in my pnats....and a good holster like the delfatti isp-3 takes care of all your complaints...so get one and go back to carrying a fine shootin iron....
Old August 26, 2004, 12:52 AM   #96
Handy

Last edited by Handy; August 26, 2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old August 26, 2004, 12:56 AM   #97
Handy

Last edited by Handy; August 26, 2004 at 08:46 AM.
Old August 26, 2004, 12:59 AM   #98
Handy

Last edited by Handy; August 26, 2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old August 26, 2004, 02:31 AM   #99
joab

Fvaidya
You wouldn't also happen to have an almost unnatural affection for .223s and slingshots would you?
Old August 26, 2004, 03:07 AM   #100
croyance

Why not just go for the obvious?
He has massive insecurites about himself. Both in sexual preferences and as a man. Life experience may help this, hopefully. Can this generation learn how to spell or use whole words?
He doesn't even have enough life experience to understand when his own loud bravado outlines this. He'll initially try to cover this up with some assertion about "attitude" and "keeping it real" and calling us names for not having "seen the elephant." Pity the product of pop culture.
Seeing that he is called on this, he will just scream something incomprehensible. Well, something moreso.

My apologies if Fvaidya is actually a woman.

To nit pick, please stop trying to convince people that you have killed. The act just doesn't work. It only makes you look more insecure.

Moderators, if you think that this post is just teasing the troll, please delete this. BTW, are none of you night owls?