The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 5, 2007, 01:52 PM   #1
rodney1968

firestorm .22

local gunshop going out of buisness having an auction they have 2 of these .22 firestorms are they worth bidding on and if so how much?
Old December 5, 2007, 04:53 PM   #2
CajunBass

I can't tell you how much to bid, to tell you the truth, I can't remember what I paid for the one I bought for my wife a few years ago, but it is a great little gun. She carried hers for a couple of years as her CCW weapon and learned a lot from it. Was it perfect for self-defense? No, but she liked it, and would carry it and it was a lot better than a hatpin. When she was ready, she moved up to a Glock 19, but the Bersa still goes along on most range trips, even if only for a couple of mags.

With bulk 22 ammo it will jam once in while. With CCI mini-mags it runs like a watch. I don't know how many thousands of rounds she's fired through it, but it's a bunch. It's accurate enough for what it's made for, but it's not a bull barrel Ruger or Buckmark. Never had a minutes problem with it.

And it's just a hoot to shoot.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old December 5, 2007, 11:37 PM   #3
Ivory Grips

Buy Them Both!

These are great little handguns. And to those who think the 22LR is not suitable for defense, one shot between the eyes will change your perception of this cartidge..... forever.
Old December 5, 2007, 11:44 PM   #4
bustersmaster

.22 LR Firestorm

I bought mine just a few months ago for 229.00 at a big-box sporting goods store. Sometimes I see them used for around 200.00. The mags are a little pricey, so a used one with extra mags might be a better deal. I got the dealer to make me a deal on an extra mag. It's a fun gun to shoot.