The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 28, 2005, 06:16 PM   #1
tegemu

Browning Hi Power Magazines

I have two new 13 round Hi Power Magazines and am having difficulty loading them. With the kind assistance of "ten men and a small boy", the best I can do is 10 rds. I have even tried using an HKS Magazine Speed Loader. Can I get some advice from the "Corporate Wisdom" out there. SLAINTE
Old October 28, 2005, 07:15 PM   #2
jrklaus

I own a few, and never had that problem before. Is it possible that they made an error at the factory and put ten-round magazines in thirteen-round packaging?

I've sometimes had a problem for a while on the "last" round of a new magazine, but never three away from full capacity?

Good luck!
Old October 29, 2005, 10:35 AM   #3
tegemu

Dia Dhuit Mr. jrklaus, Sir, I think you may just have hit on the problem. The Mags were provided with a new Hi Power and after reading your post, it made sense that there was a witness hole for 10 rds but not for 13 rds. First of the week I will contact Browning Customer Service with the problem. I'll let you know the results. Thank You. Slainte
Old October 31, 2005, 01:03 PM   #4
tegemu

Dia Dhuit Mr Jrklaus et al, I found out that Browning no longer ships 13 rd magazines with a new Hi Power but rather a 10 rd magazine. On the plus side though, they are the new "Mousetrap" magazines. Slainte
Old November 2, 2005, 11:35 PM   #5
Professor

Some mags ease up after a few cyclings.
Old November 3, 2005, 12:39 AM   #6
guntotin_fool

make up for it and go to CDNN's website and buy some of the argentine 17 rounders...I have several and all of them are excellent in the high power.

cheap too. 15 bucks according the website. just checked only showing the 15 rounders from argentina.,
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/browhip9mm15.html

but have the 17 rounders from South Africa
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/hip9mm17blun.html
Old November 3, 2005, 02:16 PM   #7
Kilroy08

You might want to try Mec Gar as well, they are an OEM supplier for several companies. I have a couple, and they work very well. I've got a KRD, the one Mr. Guntotin was talking about too, It's a bit hard to load to all 17 rounds though. I like my Mec Gars much better
Old November 3, 2005, 07:05 PM   #8
Japle

The KRDs are very stiff at first. Load 10 rounds and let it sit for a few days, then load 3-4 more, let it sit and load 'er up.

My 17 rounders work fine now.

John
Cape Canaveral
Old November 3, 2005, 07:53 PM   #9
tegemu

Dia Dhuit Mr Guntotin Fool et al,
Just ordered one of each size you suggested. Had my sweetheart to the range today and she behaved like the thouroughbred she is. Those "Mousetrap" magazines are impressive. Press the Mag release and the mag leaps out. Thanks for your good advice gentleman. Slainte.