The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 02:52 PM   #76
GeorgeF

Quote:
Denim shorts??? Oh, I'm sorry...I did not realize it was 1987 in Texas.
Big talk from a guy wearing man-jewelry I guess since you're artistic with your photos, you're entitled.

But seriously, for summer I make sure my shorts have deep pockets. I drop my Colt Mustang Pocketlite in a cheapo Uncle Mike's pocket holster and no problem. It weighs very little and barely prints. Unless I am wearing gym shorts, all my shorts get worn with a belt. Wear else would I clip my phone?

Of course there are those who would scoff at my choice of .380, but I'm OK with that.
Old May 29, 2008, 04:11 PM   #77
ElectricHellfire

Quote:
Big talk from a guy wearing man-jewelry I guess since you're artistic with your photos, you're entitled.
Oh dear. I think this thread is about to become ugly. I guess this is what happens when there isn't a Glock bashing thread available.

I say wear what works man.
Old May 29, 2008, 04:27 PM   #78
bikerbill

100 rounds of ammo? where do you live, Van? Baghdad?
Old May 29, 2008, 06:33 PM   #79
tplumeri

Quote:
Couple of times I wore it while swimming using the same rig attached to my swimming trunks
what exactly is the "rig" attached to?
how bout a picture.
no, on second thought, no picture please.
mental image is more than enough!
tom
Old May 29, 2008, 07:30 PM   #80
ElectricHellfire

I was curious about that swimming rig as well.
Old May 29, 2008, 08:05 PM   #81
xnavy

I use a fanny pack also and it is great. I carry my wallet, keys, and IPOD in it. I will run the earbuds out of the fanny pack and listen to the stowed IPOD, I don't think anyone thinks gun with that setup and really I don't care if they do.
Duty, Honor, Country: Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. They are your rallying points: to build courage when courage seems to fail; to regain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith; to create hope when hope becomes forlorn. - General Douglas MacArthur
Old May 29, 2008, 10:21 PM   #82
Bentonville

Moe and PBP

I wish I could have worn my hair the same way for the past 35 years. As it is, the amount of hair on top dictates the style and that changes almost daily. I have developed the art of "comb-over" almost to a technology. PBP, how about sharing some of the hair on your legs and peaking over the top of that shirt. That should just about take care of my losses and leave enough to make a nice wool blanket for my bed.
P.S. I'm with Wild...how come the house is so clean. That ain't normal, is it?
Old May 30, 2008, 12:24 AM   #83
Sturmgewehre

Dude, men don't wear fanny packs. They're cool and hip in San Fran, but in the midwest men wear 1911's tucked in the front of their jeans or they stick LCP's in their pockets. Under no circumstance do real men wear fanny packs, purses or shoulder holsters.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:31 AM   #84
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Dude, men don't wear fanny packs. They're cool and hip in San Fran, but in the midwest men wear 1911's tucked in the front of their jeans or they stick LCP's in their pockets. Under no circumstance do real men wear fanny packs, purses or shoulder holsters.
How do you know? Did you over hear some real men talking.
Old May 30, 2008, 01:20 AM   #85
Sturmgewehre

Quote:
How do you know? Did you over hear some real men talking.
A long time ago, but my memory is clear... they said only women carry fanny packs.
Old May 30, 2008, 01:25 AM   #86
Playboypenguin

Quote:
A long time ago, but my memory is clear... they said only women carry fanny packs.
Women don't use fanny pack holsters. They are lucky. They can just keep their carry guns in their purses...sometimes even pretty Barbie purses.

Old May 30, 2008, 05:58 AM   #87
madcratebuilder

Quote:
I have never been accused of being stylish. I don' wear jewelry ( except my wedding ring and watch) never wear a suite, had the same wallet for 10 years, worn my hair the same for over 35 years, and never, ever for one moment have I ever even put my foot in a pair of sandals. I am not exactly a new millennium man
Moe, I think we would get along just fine. I have a fanny pack.....in the glove box of my truck. I normally don't have a problem with a m640 in my pocket, if I'm dressed really light, then it's a 'vest pocket' Colt in my pocket.
Old May 30, 2008, 09:54 AM   #88
Chui

Strongside IWB, weakside one or two mags.

Tucked short-sleeve T-shirt.

UNBUTTONED short sleeve shirt (preferably with some kind of print that hides shadows or outlines of pistol) on top of all.

Quicker to access; one-hand access. Better method for walking around in the summer.

If you're on a motorbike I agree with the method you demonstrate. But you'll not likely get to your pistol/revolver in a confrontation since they happen UP CLOSE and PERSONAL.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:15 PM   #89
Dusty Rivers

Gun Pak

I run a cattle operation. When I go into town I carry my Sig P239, extra magazine and small pocket knife in an Uncle Mike's gun Pak. It is small, goes on my belt. Keeps gun secure, no print, can be worn with anything. I wear it about 4-5 O'clock. It opens quickly. Lets face it, quick draw is highly unlikely. Smooth thoughtful draw is much more important.

I highly recommend it or something similar. Oh yes, it is black.
I posted before that we all need to give these packs as presents to everyone we know. That way we get a fashion move met started. Add pepper spray, small flash light to the pack and you have a nice present for ANYONE, not just us gun huggers. I feel MANLY when I hav my sig
Old May 30, 2008, 01:57 PM   #90
Jay1958

Good point! Depending on where I am going, I will stop a few blocks away and go ahead and put the pack in the trunk at another location. Some places I feel that is a very prudent precaution, some other locations I don't feel it's necessary.

Quote:
If you have to do this, I highly recommend you place the gun in your trunk at some other location (before you get to your destination).

Nothing says "I have valuables I don't want stolen" like putting something in your trunk before you go in someplace.
Old May 30, 2008, 04:04 PM   #91
allenomics

Quote:
Who wears shorts with a belt in the summer time???
A lot of people wear a belt with walking dress shorts, with a shirt tucked in. I'm not talking about pull up gym type shorts. A subcompact pistol in a nylon pouch would look no different than a digital camera pouch.
Old May 30, 2008, 08:52 PM   #92
nutty ned

Fanny pacs make a lot of sense
Old May 30, 2008, 09:27 PM   #93
ElectricHellfire

They are fabuloussssssss. Just kiddin playboy.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:31 PM   #94
OnTheFly

I know I've said this before, but I think someone should explore the Utilikilt for CC...

...and I think PBP is just the man for the job. Imagine how glorious he would look walking around with those beaver pelt legs of his.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...
Old May 30, 2008, 10:50 PM   #95
rdrancher

Man purse and jewelry.

The Fanny pack. Commonly referred to as a "Fag Bag" in the 90's (per the Urban Dictionary)

Maybe for you, granny and a few others, but not for me...thanks.

rd
Old May 30, 2008, 10:52 PM   #96
ElectricHellfire

Quote:
...and I think PBP is just the man for the job. Imagine how glorious he would look walking around with those beaver pelt legs of his.

LMFAO!!

I knew it!
Old May 31, 2008, 12:06 AM   #97
JohnKSa
Staff

Thus endeth the first (and, 'tis to be hoped the ONLY) TFL fashion show...