The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 26, 2023, 07:44 PM   #1
marlinguy

Old Lyman Targetspot

Sitting at my gun show table today when I heard my friend behind me ask another friend if he was interested in a Lyman Targetspot he was selling? The other friend passed, and I asked him if I'd be stepping on his toes if I wanted to buy it? He said he had no interest, so I asked to look at it.
It was in it's original brown box, with an orange Lyman label on one end. I've seen a lot of Lyman boxes, but always orange boxes, with metal reinforced corners; never a plain brown box? Took the scope out and it looks like it's either never been used, or used very little! It's marked 10x and has the rubber eye cup on it also. The label has a price of $60 marked on it, and says it's for a "Lo W 52" which is maybe a Win. 52 or Low Wall, or both? The price seems low as a 1940 ad I found states $75, so guessing this is much earlier. I think Lyman brought these out around 1934-37 era, but getting conflicting dates from my resources. Either way it's pre WWII era, and a gorgeous scope!

Old December 2, 2023, 09:24 PM   #2
smee78

Thats pretty cool to find an original still in the box.
Old December 3, 2023, 11:58 AM   #3
marlinguy

Hoping I can find an original instruction sheet, or at least a good copy of one!