The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 5, 2024, 12:41 PM   #1
cbourbeau32

Taurus m44 44 magnum holster

I will be the owner of a new Taurus M44 with a 6.5" barrel. I'm looking for a leather holster for it. It seems that S&W models are way more prevalent than the Taurus. I'm hoping that someone can tell me which Smith model will fit the Taurus.

Any replies will be appreciated!
Old January 6, 2024, 09:33 AM   #2
Webleymkv

Taurus revolvers are patterned very heavily on S&W revolvers and many of their models copy S&W's frame sizes. If I'm not mistaken, the Taurus Model 44 is roughly the same size as a S&W N-Frame such as a Model 29, 629, 57, 625, etc. If you're buying a mass production holster like a Galco, Bianchi, Desantis, Don Hume, or the like then one for a S&W N-Frame of the same barrel length would probably fit. If you're getting a custom fitted holster like a Mitch Rosen or Milt Sparks, however, then the differences might be enough to prevent interchangeability.

As an aside, you Taurus will also use the same speed loaders as nearly any six-shot .44 Special or .44 Magnum revolver such as S&W Models 21, 24, 29, 329, 624, and 629, Ruger Redhawk or Super Redhawk, and Colt Anaconda among others.