The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 23, 2024, 04:24 PM   #1
GorillaGunworks

First Post in quite some time. Opinion Needed

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! It's been a while since I've posted, and I want to extend a sincere thank you for your patience and support. Life threw a few unexpected curveballs, but I'm back with exciting news!

I've just released my latest YouTube video on my channel The Hobby Gunsmith, and it's a special one – my First Product Review Video featuring the GuardTech Pro Universal Firearms Cleaning Kit.

In this video, I've given my honest point of view on their kit, sharing insights from a Gunsmith's perspective.
Old January 23, 2024, 04:25 PM   #2
GorillaGunworks

https://youtu.be/Bv8UZV7Qhcw?si=4oP2Pslt5dntTrLR
Old January 24, 2024, 05:32 PM   #3
Nathan

I appreciate your post. Your review was fine. If you are looking for an opinion on the product or your review style, please post that question. Otherwise thanks.
Old January 25, 2024, 05:45 PM   #4
GorillaGunworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I appreciate your post. Your review was fine. If you are looking for an opinion on the product or your review style, please post that question. Otherwise thanks.
Hey Nathan Thank You, I was more interested in my review style id like to make the reviews entertaining as well as visually appealing. I don't know if I should do more b-roll scenes while I talk or just go with the flow. its tough figuring it out sometimes not really use to doing product reviews.
Old January 25, 2024, 07:15 PM   #5
Shadow9mm

1. your camera auto centering was distracting. Kept making small movements side to side and up and down.

2. While you might not have been paid, if you did not pay for the product, and get to keep the product, I personally consider the product itself to be payment for the review.

3. I always support USA made when its viable.

4. You are using the word "honestly" repeatedly at the start of the video. If feels like you really trying to hard to emphasize it.

5. the hard case is nice. I dont know anyone that cleans their gun at the range, or who would have a range bag that that would fit in. I keep a brush and a bore snake in my bag, rod in the truck for stuck case emergencies.

6, M16 double ended tooth brush style brushes would have been better, brushes wear out and need to be replaced. once those die you need to be able to replace them with something common to get them to snap back in the case.

7, over all the kit seems reasonably priced for what it provides
Old January 25, 2024, 07:31 PM   #6
Nathan

My comments on your review style are:
- consider how you can shorten the review. Sure, a gun review can be 10-15min, but a cleaning kit review needs to be 3-5 min.
-spend 80% of your video time videoing the product. That seems like a long time, but people need time viewing the product to really see and digest what they are seeing. You can talk during this time.
-consider showing the product being put to use.
Old January 26, 2024, 08:17 AM   #7
GorillaGunworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow9mm View Post
1. your camera auto centering was distracting. Kept making small movements side to side and up and down.

2. While you might not have been paid, if you did not pay for the product, and get to keep the product, I personally consider the product itself to be payment for the review.

3. I always support USA made when its viable.

4. You are using the word "honestly" repeatedly at the start of the video. If feels like you really trying to hard to emphasize it.

5. the hard case is nice. I dont know anyone that cleans their gun at the range, or who would have a range bag that that would fit in. I keep a brush and a bore snake in my bag, rod in the truck for stuck case emergencies.

6, M16 double ended tooth brush style brushes would have been better, brushes wear out and need to be replaced. once those die you need to be able to replace them with something common to get them to snap back in the case.

7, over all the kit seems reasonably priced for what it provides
I get you Shadow. Mind you it’s my first product review so I can only improve from here on out.
Old January 26, 2024, 08:18 AM   #8
GorillaGunworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
My comments on your review style are:
- consider how you can shorten the review. Sure, a gun review can be 10-15min, but a cleaning kit review needs to be 3-5 min.
-spend 80% of your video time videoing the product. That seems like a long time, but people need time viewing the product to really see and digest what they are seeing. You can talk during this time.
-consider showing the product being put to use.
I agree. I felt like it was bit bit dragged out. I will keep that in mind next time I have a gut feeling lol.
Old January 26, 2024, 11:14 AM   #9
Shadow9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaGunworks View Post
I get you Shadow. Mind you it’s my first product review so I can only improve from here on out.
You asked for feedback, just trying to point out what i saw, hope it was helpful
Old January 26, 2024, 11:36 AM   #10
ocharry

for me when i see review i expect for the reviewer to have used the product and is now giving their opinion of how it worked and the good and bad things they like and dislike...is the product well made?? could some parts be made better or work better..that kinda thing

i also want to see a video that gets to the point and not so much life history and a lot of off topic things...i cant tell you how many times i move on because the person is talking about what ever and not what i came to see...or just rambling ...get to it...lol....some people have a title and the topic isnt in the there....this one not so bad...i get it, you have to talk about the product or what you are doing...but a 15min video with 2 min of content about the subject is not what i am looking for

i also agree with shadow...lol.. turn the auto centering thing off

not criticizing..just giving you feed back of what I like to see in a video....if i go to a video expecting to see a lot of jiber jaber then that is what i went there for..on the other hand if i go to a video to see how a product works or a review or i am considering buying, then i want to see the product and for a review, the person should have used it and i want their opinion of how it works....good and bad

i usually dont watch un-boxing videos

this is just me telling you what i like in a video...dont take it personal

ocharry