The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old May 2, 2000, 12:49 AM   #51
BigO

Sorry to hear about your incident. It made me think about my own home security. I keep 4 loaded revovers in my bedroom in a quick open lock box at the foot of the bed. The box can be opened in about 5 seconds. I count on my dog to give me the time to reach the box and open it. The dog will alert me to anything outside of my home. I then open the box grab a revolver and check the perimeter of my home very carefully. Most of the time I find nothing but sometimes I feel someone was out there. A dog with good hearing and a loud bark is the best alarm money can buy. It's even worth having to put up with all the hair stuck to my pants.
Old May 2, 2000, 05:33 AM   #52
Stephen A. Camp
Staff In Memoriam

Hello, Chris. I'm very sorry for the injuries and trauma suffered by your wife.
As others have noted, I surely hope that some of the blood present belonged to the bastard that attacked her. Also, like some others, I hope he did not survive what I truly hope was an excruciating, lethal wound. I live in the same general area as you. Your wife's courageous actions could possibly have saved my wife from this predator. Best and may God bless you and your family.
Old May 2, 2000, 06:19 AM   #53
Ed Brunner

I have mentioned this before, but it is possible to have children AND guns in the home. You have to educate your children. In a perverse way the anti's are helping to get children to leave guns alone. The idea that a locked gun is accessable in an emergency is too iffy to stake your life on. The incident in question proves this. If you seriously think about it, you cannot afford to give the bad guy any more advantages than he already has.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Old May 2, 2000, 06:49 AM   #54
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

How is she doing at this point?
Old May 2, 2000, 08:09 AM   #55
Dennis
Staff Emeritus

Whoa! We're WAY over 100K. Let's continue on Part 2!
Closed Thread