The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights > Legal and Political

Old May 7, 2002, 08:19 PM   #1
HKguy9

CA: Status of $.05 bullet tax?

Anyone know? I lost track.
Old May 7, 2002, 08:37 PM   #2
Standing Wolf
Member in memoriam

My understanding is that it didn't pass this year, but probably will next. This is the year I'm leaving the People's Republic of California to return to the United States.
Old May 7, 2002, 09:08 PM   #3
Frohickey

There is the $0.05 bullet tax proposed by CCW-permittee Senator Perata.

There is the SUV tax that recently passed the Senate, but they have to reconcile the differences of this carbon dioxide limits on vehicles between the Senate and Assembly versions.

There was the 50 caliber ban that was defeated in committee.

There was the soda tax bill that was withdrawn by the bill's sponsor.

There are a lot of stupid laws being heard/proposed by the California legislators. Remember what Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as stupid does".

SigSauer, if you are listening, MAKE A DOUBLE-STACK 10mm PISTOL!
Old May 7, 2002, 10:36 PM   #4
Phil Ca

When I called the voice mail hell that is used for your assemblyperson I eventually got put through. The female aide asked what I wanted to talk about. I told her the new tax on vehicles with possible additions of .50 cents a gallon tax and .02 cents per mile.

She very wittily asked which way I would go on that bill. I told her that I was deadset against it, and furthermore if it passed I would sell my home and business and get out of California. She thanked me for my comments and that was all. Those rats A$$e$ at the state could care less what we think and all they care is that they are in power and we are not.

After we finish up our current situation with our business we plan to sell and leave here. Anyway the new regs next year on firearms will make it a good reason to leave.