The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 20, 2005, 12:16 AM   #1
doggz109

Men's Health article

Anybody read the load of crap written in this month's Men's Health magazine? There is an article about men and guns and the guy does nothing but talk about how if you buy a gun you are more likely to kill yourself and he rants on the suicide angle for half the article. Then he describes his range trip and he is upset because he can't tell how the safety works on his Buckmark .22 and that it "goes off the second he touches the trigger".
Old August 20, 2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Rpn1984

sounds like a pretty gay article... :barf:
Old August 20, 2005, 01:03 AM   #3
doggz109

yeah

I was thinking - this is not the guy that I want at the range with me if he doesn't even know how to work the safety. He said it should have a "red dot" and he also complained that there was no "indicator" that there was a round in the chamber. Do people need EVERYTHING done for them??? If this guy can't even figure out if his gun is loaded he shouldn't be out there. I think Men's Health should stick to fitness advice and keep their social commentary to themselves. OK...rant over.
Old August 20, 2005, 01:05 AM   #4
CobrayCommando

Isn't Mens Health target audience homosexual/latently homosexual men as well as housewives?
Old August 20, 2005, 01:16 AM   #5
Wildalaska

Quote:
sounds like a pretty gay article..
Quote:
sn't Mens Health target audience homosexual/latently homosexual men as well as housewives?
My god substitute a few words and im on the Democratic Underground Board :barf:

WildhelpmeAlaska
Old August 20, 2005, 02:15 AM   #6
Sir William

I agree with WildhelpmeAlaska. There are several members of this forum who are (substitute whatever hateful term) and I have no problem with their lifestyle or freedom to live their life.
Old August 20, 2005, 03:25 AM   #7
Shorts

Men's Health use to be an exeptional magazine for both men and women. However the past year I have seen its quality go downhill in all aspects of content. I haven't read the newest edition yet. It's sitting on the computer desk where I tossed it out of disgust thinking of last month's. I'll have to flip throught it now.
Old August 20, 2005, 03:11 PM   #8
cracked butt

I read the article in a grocery store this morning, its pretty much a steaming pile of crap. I guess its what you get when an article is written by a sissified 'man' (I would say woman with a penis, but it would be an insult to most women I know who have more of a backbone than the author will ever have) for other sissified men.
Old August 20, 2005, 03:28 PM   #9
HappyGunner

They should stick to Gym stuff

Best advice I have for MH Mag. Stick to the Gym stuff.
Old August 20, 2005, 03:39 PM   #10
USP45usp

I believe the reference that you are looking for is "metrosexual" (or whatever the new term is).

Wayne
Old August 20, 2005, 03:45 PM   #11
butch50

Wayne:

I saw something small and wobbly, wandering along I-35 yesterday near Waco.

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry