The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 20, 2005, 02:06 PM   #26
chemist308

The End of the Saga

Alright the saga finally came to a close today.

This morning I woke up to a call from the manager of sporting goods from my local Wal-Mart Store telling me that the wrong model had been ordered, and that wasn't even in yet. They wanted to be sure I got the right one. At that point I said the #$%! with it and drove straight there to get my money back. After some complications and finally threatening to get their dm involved, I got all the $ back.

From there I went straight to the local gun outlet--Warners Surplus--and picked their selection. All they had in flintlocks were Traditions--not my original pick but these were stainless barrels so I couldn't go too wrong with that I figured. I still would have rather had a Lyman, but I didn't have the time to get one ordered at this point--I need to learn to shoot one of these things good enough for a clean kill between now and October! So now I have a flintlock and I think everything else I need to make it go boom and then clean it. If I get really into it, I can always trade for a more traditional looking rifle right? Anyway, you'll be seeing me in the blackpowder forum looking for advice.

And today we learned: DON'T BUY GUNS FROM WALMART!
Old August 20, 2005, 02:31 PM   #27
HappyGunner

Some items they are not good at

I guess with some items WalMart is just not good at. I like their prices on Ammo.they got that right.
Old August 20, 2005, 02:48 PM   #28
n3twrkm4n

Because excuse the pun, but Walmart holds their suppliers at gunpoint until they supply a decent price