The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 22, 2008, 12:30 PM   #1
sevensixtytwo

$200 for a charles daly semi auto 12

Is $200 for a used charles daly semi auto 12ga a good deal? I found one at good ol' gander mountain.
Old November 22, 2008, 04:48 PM   #2
MAX100

It is good deal if it doesn't have problems. Some of the older ones had problems. The newer ones are built on CNC and are very good for the money. Charles Daly now has very good customer service.

GC
Old November 23, 2008, 01:54 AM   #3
olddrum1

If it were me, and its not, I would take the 200 bucks and put it into a good used 870. The old axioms come to mind of "You get what you pay for" and "If it sounds to good to be true."
Old November 23, 2008, 06:02 AM   #4
dahermit

Good deal

I have a Charles Daly auto that I bought new from Walmart and I really like it. I have used it in 3 gun combat competition, and I use it as my hide gun out in the garage (I live out in the country) loaded with #2 lead shot,to grab when I see something bothering my geese. It was handy one day when I used it to dispatch a fox after my chickens.
It has never failed to function with either 2 and 3/4 inch shells or 3 inchers. $200 is a lot less than what I paid for it. It is a good utility gun.
Old November 23, 2008, 10:02 AM   #5
troy_mclure

like said above the older charles dailys had LOTS of probs. i found a mossy 9200 at a local pawn shop for $275. its been a hell of a gun, ive put about 1k shells thru it in the 2yrs ive had it with nary a jam.
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."