The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old May 29, 2002, 10:35 AM   #1
Cain R

Holloway HAC-7

Traded a long haul trucker a bottle of rum for a Holloway Arms HAC-7. Its in good condition but with no mags. Tried a couple of old AR-10 mags but would not fit and niether would the M-14 mags work. Did they use their own design?

Took a few shots with it just by single loading into the chamber, the rifle functions alright and seems to be reasonably accurate, although the barrel is a little dark and rough in spots. Other than that it seems to be in reasonably good condition.

Did a search and gleamed a little bit of information regarding the rifles history etc. from the serial number it appears this one was one of the last production units. I wonder if by then if the mag type had changed?

And not surprisingly when I check the "Official Government of Canada Firearms Registration" Website, they have no listing of this rifle whatsoever.

Anybody ever run into one of these??
Old May 29, 2002, 10:58 AM   #2
Watch-Six

A friend of mine had a Holloway. I'm not sure of the model number. He sold it for some serious money. The ATF hated them since they could be converted to full auto by simply flipping some internal part around. No doubt that had something to do with them going out of business. I'll ask him about the magazine situation. As I recall they were hard to come by. I don't know the value in Canada, but here in the USA you made one hell of a good deal. Watch-Six
Old May 29, 2002, 11:42 AM   #3
dZ

Q. What magazines does the HAC-7 family use?

The HAC-7 family was developed using modified AR-10 magazines. H.A.C. was supposed to produce their own steel magazines, but none were produced. The AR-10 magazines that remained after the disolving of H.A.C. were sold to Knight Armament, who incorporated them into it's SR-25 (hot rodded AR-10) product.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/hac7/faq.html

heres the owners manual:
http://www.biggerhammer.net/hac7/hac7_manual/

heres the board:
http://www.biggerhammer.net/hac7/wwwboard/

i will trade you a bottle of scotch & a box of HoHos for it

its worth about 2Kbucks US
Old May 31, 2002, 03:49 PM   #4
Watch-Six

Cain R----
I hope you see this. I talked to my buddy that had the Holloway. He says that slightly modified Armalite magazines work in it. He also told me that he sold his a few years ago for $4,000.00 USD.
Now here is the good part. He gets a sheet from some fancy dealer in the east that lists his buy and sell prices. The last one said he will BUY at $8,500.00 and SELL at $12,000.00!!!! Don't let it go too cheap. Watch-Six
Old June 1, 2002, 03:28 PM   #5
Cain R

$8500.00 US???

Holy (*^%(()^$$#, now I just have to figure out how to sell it south of the border.

Worked on the AR-10 mags and got them working, that puppy shoots pretty darn good. But if these are worth that much dough I think it might just go into storage.... then again it is a blast to shoot.

Sometimes you just get lucky.