The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 18, 2004, 03:06 PM   #1
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Welcome

LATE EDIT, 4 MAY 2005
This "Welcome Back" message was originally posted at the re-activation of THF about a year ago. It is as valid now as it was then, so it remains in place, simply to clarify the intent of the forum. If there are any questions, please feel free to e-mail or Private Message me or any other staffer.

Very best regards,
Johnny

Welcome BACK, to many, and an initial welcome to some. Some will call this The NEW Firing Line, and, in ways, it is. Mostly, though, it is simply a continuation of what TFL was when it closed down at the end of 2002. The bench mark has already been set, and we simply need aspire to remaining at that level.

This particular forum is far more technically oriented than some of the others on The Firing Line, and, so, we have historically had far less, uh, vigorous discussion and downright argument than on, say, Legal & Political, and General Discussion. Everyone has an opinion, certainly, and I want everyone to be comfortable in expressing his/her own views on a topic.

About the only hard and fast rule here in Full Auto forum is that, like them or not, there ARE some laws and regulations which must be followed. Please, no discussions of anything which might appear to be in violation of the law.

Me, I’m basically lazy. My goal is to rock along, watch the proceedings, actually “moderate” as little as possible, and contribute from time to time.

Again, welcome and I look forward to us all having a lot of good times together.

Johnny Guest
Old November 23, 2004, 03:33 PM   #2
modestandrew

Thanks - and a history question

Thanks for the welcome. I just joined today. I'm writing a
story, and would like to know whether any semiauto shotguns
were available for general purchase in 1969. Thanks.

modestandrew
Old December 21, 2004, 04:52 PM   #3
Ozzieman

Browining A5 and copies

Thats one I know of
Old December 22, 2004, 10:34 AM   #4
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Welcome - -and a redirect

Glad to have you on board, modestandrew.

As you take time to browse around TFL site, you'll notice there is a dedicated Shotguns forum. There is a wealth of information available there, and some extremely knowledgeable scatteergunners frequent the place. I suggest you re-post your question on that forum - - You'll come a lot nearer obtaining comprehensive information in the specialized area.

Normally, it is frowned upon to do multiple postings in various areas, but this would be an exception. But - - Don't be a stranger on Full Auto.

Best regards,
Johnny
Old May 26, 2009, 09:03 PM   #5
ActivShootr

Laws and regulations help

www.guntrustlawyer.com

A blog about the laws concerning NFA firearms. I found it to be very informative.