The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 26, 2005, 07:42 PM   #1
bci4usa

self-defense / shooting an attacker

I read a thread that referred to self-defense and shooting a person and I typed a response but it was closed or lost in a computer error and now I can’t relocate the topic so I am sorry for starting this new one.

This page never remembers me and I have to sign in and then sign in again to post what is up with that?

So this is what I got to say about self defense and firing a warning shot.

What is important to keep in mind at the time of need to use “deadly force” is speed is everything and so is accuracy.

When you're gun is out it's time to cancel Christmas. In most states it's Illegal and will get you locked up. I believe it reckless conduct, risk to public safety just to name a few that come to mind.

I speak form experience and I can tell you that shooting a person is not easy ever if you a hundred percent correct.

This is what happened to me.
When I was working as an Atlanta housing authority officer I was walking around projects on foot doing foot patrol. Why I did this job was because at this time I thought about getting in to law enforcement and hand an application in with several different departments.
Well as on foot patrol with a dumb ass partner (the fag ran at the time it shots got fired) was walking to the bath room and we walked right in to a shooing, a 18 year old kid thought it was funny to kill a 16 year old kid because he would not let him ride his motor cycle. Well as this 18 year old started shooting this kid he seen us and just kept firing at us. Well I hit the ground and got my gun out and started firing back and hitting the gun men. I fired 6 shots, 4 hit the scum bag, 3 in the chest 1 in the head hit right in the nose and the bullet came out the other side. 2 of the chest shots did go through and through, yes I missed twice.
So this 18 year old had no chance in living and still to this day I have mixed feelings about it.
The first thing when the police arrived they asked me what happened and the uniform cops said ok no problem but I need you’re gun, so I gave it to him and pulled out my back up and put it in my holster. Uniform was cool and said you did what you had too to win and go home.
Well when homicide showed up, totally different.
They asked what happened, so I tell the guy, ok you got to give me you’re gun I said the uniform officer had the weapon used, he said that is ok and nice to know but he can’t have me armed because I am a suspect in an homicide and he was not asking aging.
Well I take a ride down town and guess what, 6 hrs latter I was free to go.
When I got down town he detective asked me write down what happened and as I was writing a detective wanted me to tell him what happened while I was writing. This happened like 3 or 4 times, I had to write down 3 different statements and must have told the story to 4 different detectives. They all asked me did I try to give the gunmen a chance to drop the weapon, and did I use all reasonable means not to use deadly force. I said yeah as he’s shooting at me I said please stop, not. I said he was shooting at me I defended my life and that was it. Well at the end of 6 hrs of them trying to trip me up I get ok go home hears you gun back sorry for any inconvenience. I asked the detective where the gun I used is and he said I won’t get that back for some time it has to be sent out to the GBI and they have to do a test to make shore that was the one that killed him. I said I told you that.
Point is this, this is nothing anyone wants to go though and more times then not it will be just that big of a shock when you will have to use deadly force.
The police are going to put you thought some crap. I did get my gun back 6 weeks later and I get many offers on the weapon for my friend, He has offered me 1,200.00 for my sig p229 in 40 cal with night sights and 4 12 rounder mags . I keep telling him no. when he hits $1,500.00 ok then I will sell.

Last edited by bci4usa; February 27, 2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old March 1, 2005, 03:51 PM   #2
joab

Quote:
Well as on foot patrol with a dumb ass partner (the fag ran at the time it shots got fired)
So are you saying that he was homosexual and therefore worthy of scorn.
Or are you saying being being smart enough to duck and cover makes you a less manly man
Or are you simply using slurs and gutter language because you lack the communication skills to get your point across without insulting an entire group of people who had nothing to do with the situation you found yourself in. Some of whom are upstanding members of this forum and defenders of RKBA

Don't assume others share your prejudice
Old March 1, 2005, 03:55 PM   #3
dasmi

I think he was using "fag" as a general insult, unrelated to the person's sexual prefence.
Old March 1, 2005, 04:04 PM   #4
bci4usa

We got a heckler Ladies and Gentlemen..

A dumb heckler.....

Lets’ see heckler what one is proper to you?.
The hecklers options, running away like a fag and putting you’re self at risk because you are still standing while a person is shooting at you, not protecting you’re life or anyone else’s for that matter. Tell me how does running help you’re partner take out the threat?
Or the real way of dropping to the ground when a person is firing a gun at you and returning fire to defend you're life and others.

The heckler told us he would run and be a wimp.
Old March 1, 2005, 04:04 PM   #5
dasmi

Read the grammar in your original post, then retract that statement.
Old March 1, 2005, 04:24 PM   #6
joab

Quote:
I think he was using "fag" as a general insult, unrelated to the person's sexual prefence.
Unless he was speaking of a bundle of sticks or a Brit's cigarette his intent , I believe, was to describe what he perceives as a cowardly act by using a common slur aimed at members of the gay community, usually used to depict them as sissies.
Old March 1, 2005, 04:58 PM   #7
joab

Quote:
The hecklers options, running away like a fag
I guess you just don't get it
If your (inside joke) post had been a little more coherent maybe I could ascertain whether he ran or went for cover
Quote:
The heckler told us he would run and be a wimp
Exactly where did I reveal any of my super secret ninja tactics to you
Quote:
We got a heckler Ladies and Gentlemen
Look up the definition of heckler and while you're (inside joke) at it look up the forum rules
Quote:
2) Language that would be inappropriate in the polite company of strangers is quite unwelcome here.
The mods may or may not feel the same as I do but being a stranger in your company I feel that I can point out what I feel is an inappropriate and impolite comment
Old March 1, 2005, 06:39 PM   #8
trackman32

Get of his back joab

It seems to me that the guy has actually been through a difficult situation. He did what he thought was right and that is that. He obviously did something right because he's not in jail. Until it happens to you I suggest you shut up. By the way, I'm willing to bet you're a fag.
Old March 1, 2005, 06:47 PM   #9
dasmi

Trackman, pretty piss-poor first post.
Old March 1, 2005, 07:04 PM   #10
trackman32

How do you figure???

I don't see the problem with my first post.
Old March 1, 2005, 07:19 PM   #11
USP45usp

trackman32,

I'm gay, does that make me a wimp?

The problem with the post is that it looks like it was written by a 10 year old and therefore, holds little credit with most of the members.

If it were better written, and not started off with a slur, then it would have been taken more seriously.

Wayne

And Mods/Admins, check these people out, notice how they both spell your as you're
Old March 1, 2005, 07:21 PM   #12
joab

Quote:
I'm willing to bet you're a fag.
I know you are but what am I INFINITY!!!

You know what they say about you homophobes

USP45usp
You're (inside joke) the member that first came to mind when I posted
Old March 1, 2005, 07:41 PM   #13
Double Naught Spy

Well, it isn't his first post, but bci4usa using another name. In that other closed thread, bci4usa told me to get off his back for being critical for his poor interpretation of the law and how to conduct self defense. Now, somebody completely unrelated is using the same basic phrase about bck4usa. Here is the link, http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...t=legal+advice

Look carefully. You will notice that bci4usa's grammar problems are mirrored by trackman32. Both start of sentences with prepositional time-related phrases and do not separate the phrase from the rest of the sentence via a comma. It's the same guy.

Any idea why his threads keep getting closed down?

I find it amusing that you called joab a dumb heckler, but you can't figure out how to post quotes or why the page doesn't remember you. The problem isn't with joab!

Nice story about great things you did bci4usa. How about providing us a link to your actual events or give me the date of the event and location and I will pull it from the files and post it for you. Such valor should not be squelched!

So just how many times are you going to post your story of grand accomplishments?
Old March 1, 2005, 07:54 PM   #14
seb5

I thought I recognized his writing style and utter and complete lack of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Old March 1, 2005, 07:56 PM   #15
USP45usp

Since I don't get on much after work, let me be the first to say

BYE BYE MR. TROLL
Old March 1, 2005, 08:04 PM   #16
Mal H
Staff

"Any idea why his threads keep getting closed down?"

I think I know ...
Closed Thread