The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old February 26, 2005, 11:44 PM   #1
Vilkata

Modern Combat: Crotch Guns An Option?

If you wanted to keep a small gun concealed, in an area where no one would find it, would keeping it in your underwear be an option?

I have noticed that hardly any pat downs ever involve the crotch. It seems like a very good area to keep a small concealed back up.

For instance, if the soldiers in Iraq were all packing little Derringers, or small autos like the North America Arms .32NAA, would the fact the insurgents probably never check there improve their odds of escape?

It makes a lot of sense to me. If I was in Iraq I'd be tempted to keep a small piece in my underwear. I honestly dont think any of those terrorists would ever pat you down there to check.

I know that this seems like a silly idea, but I was letting it bounce around in my mind a while ago, and I really think it might work. I've been through the mandatory pat down step at European airports lots of times, and never once did the 'friskers' hands get anywhere near that particular area.

Just an idea, silly as it may be.

-Ben.
Old February 27, 2005, 12:03 AM   #2
Troponin

My cousin is FBI. I can tell you that he pats down everywhere, espcially the crotch because that is where they find many things hidden. This is a big reason why he has to get a female to pat down another female.

Never been pat down before, so I can't answer from experience.
Old February 27, 2005, 12:03 AM   #3
2002gti

heck yeah if i was in iraq id have them in my underwear. i'd have guns upon guns.
Old February 27, 2005, 02:33 PM   #4
Vanguard.45

It could get confusing, though.

You's probably have to keep that little ditty running though your head from FULL METAL JACKET-

This is my weapon, this is my gun,
This one's for fighting, this one's for fun.

Also, isn't it kind of irrelevant to worry about being patted down by Law Enforcement if you are a good guy carrying legally???

If you are a bad guy, you are to turn yourself in immediately to the local police station!! Also, if you are a bad guy and you and I ever have a run-in, just think of how much it will hurt when I bring my size 13 Timberlands up and into your crotch as I am pulling my SW 500 out to defend my precious and fragile life!!!

Cracked walnuts are something to think about.

Vanguard.45
Old February 27, 2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Erich

This is pretty much how Thunderwear/SmartCarry (which I use) work.
Old February 27, 2005, 03:44 PM   #6
Handy

Malcolm X had little .25s with him IN JAIL because of a lack of good pat down security.

If I was a ground soldier in Iraq, I'd do it. Put that mostly useless pouch in the front of briefs to work.