The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 4, 2005, 01:10 PM   #1
Rich Lucibella
Staff

The S.W.A.T. Magazine Challenge for Hurricane Relief:

For Immediate Release:
None of us need to be reminded about the devastation to the Gulf States from Hurricane Katrina. As a company, S.W.A.T. Magazine is dedicated to doing its part to ease the suffering of our friends and neighbors there.

The S.W.A.T. Relief Challenge:
For the entire week, beginning Sunday, September 4, 100% of ALL Sales on our web site will be donated to Katrina Relief efforts. Once again, that is 100% of the Gross Sales.

How it Works:
The formula is simple. Not only will you receive the product(s) you purchase, but Every Penny of your sale will be contributed to Relief Efforts.
- Purchase a PDF Back issue for $4.99 and that $4.99 will be donated to Relief Efforts.
- Purchase a 1 Year US Subscription for you or a friend and we'll donate the $34.95 you paid to Relief Efforts.
- Purchase a 3 Year Non-US Subscription for you or a friend and we'll donate the entire sale price, $164.95, to Relief Efforts.

All products in our Online Store qualify. There are no limits. There are no special codes to fill in at check out. There are no strings.

The Challenge is simple:
Buy any product(s) from our Online Store this week and your full purchase price will be donated to Relief Efforts.

Where the contributions will go:
All funds collected thru The S.W.A.T. Relief Challenge will be go to the following organizations with stipulation that they be used exclusively for Katrina Relief:
- The American Red Cross
- The Salvation Army
- The American Humane Association
[Or suitable alternate.]
(Human suffering is not the only tragedy in the aftermath of Katrina)

How we'll report the results of our Challenge:
In the December issue of S.W.A.T., shipping October 19th, Editor Denny Hansen will report the total amounts contributed, and the breakdown of contributions to each organization.

How YOU can help:

Whether it be Back Issues, Subscriptions or Renewals; Whether you are purchasing for yourself, a friend, a co-worker or a family member....proceeds from all purchases for the week beginning September 4th qualify. Simply visit our Online Store at SWATmag.com

How YOU can help even more:
Spread this message to every tactical Mail List and Discussion Forum you know, but PLEASE, No Spamming. Post or link this message elsewhere only if you know that it will not violate that Site's Policies.

Best Regards to All-
Rich Lucibella
Publisher
S.W.A.T. Magazine
Old September 4, 2005, 01:41 PM   #2
USP45usp

Thank you Rich for doing this. America, we"ll take care of our own.

2 more years, not like I wasn't going to renew after the first two years were up, just seemed like a good time to do so.

Wayne
Old September 4, 2005, 02:21 PM   #3
butch50

Awesome Rich, completely and genuinely awesome - you really put your words into action with this.

I am so impressed that instead of taking advantage of your generosity in that way, I will make a direct contribution to the Salvation Army ~ in your name.

Thanks for standing up in such a bold and selfless way.

Butch

Quote:
Thank you for your gift which will enable The Salvation Army to carry out its mission to serve suffering humanity. Your credit card has been charged for the amount listed below:

donation id:

date:

04 September 2005 08:41 PM (GMT)

name and address:

donation:

usage:

hurricane katrina relief

project title:

Hurricane Relief Fund 2005

gift type:

A gift in honor of someone

name of person on memorial / honorarium:

Rich Lucibella

name and address of person memorial / honorarium will be sent to:

Rich Lucibella
Ocean Ridge
Florida, 33435
United States

This constitutes an official receipt of your donation which has been sent to The Salvation Army headquarters at the address below. No goods or services have been provided to the donor in consideration of this contribution.

The Salvation Army Texas Division
6500 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas
TX 75235
USA

tel: 214 353 2731

email: [email protected]

Best Wishes,

The Salvation Army
Texas Division

continue

tell a friend

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry
Old September 4, 2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Wow, Butch.
Thanks very much.
Rich
Old September 4, 2005, 05:00 PM   #5
butch50

My humble contribution will not even closely match yours. I truly appreciate it when a man puts his money where his mouth is.

Butch

‘‘The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun.’’ ~ Patrick Henry
Old September 5, 2005, 01:14 PM   #6
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Consider me on board; order placed. I had planned to subscribe anyhow, but this got me off my duff.

On a related note, last night on the way back from the ranch, the exhaust system fell off of my truck. I got out of the truck with the usual string of explicatives, and grumbled about my bad luck. Bad luck. My thoughts suddenly went to those in New Orleans, and I suddenly felt very small, and very ashamed. At least I have something for an exhaust to fall off of. My thoughts went on from there.

On a hot day, I grumble when the AC doesn't put out enough. There are those without power that are dying from the heat.

I pull a bottle of water out of the fridge and throw half away when it's not cold anymore. There are those that have no water to drink and will most probably be forced to drink that which will sicken or kill them.

I grumbled when the remnants of Ivan went through last year leaving three inches of water in my den. I lost a couple of books, nothing more. There are those that lost everything. Everything.

Compared to some places, we live like kings... and still we grumble.

We're spoiled in this country, and I'm thinking it's time to look at the folks in New Orleans, and other places in the world, and get down on our knees to give thanks for what we have, and understand that "there, but by the Grace of God, go I".

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old September 5, 2005, 02:33 PM   #7
RWK

Rich,

This is WONDERFUL and I sincerely admire your efforts. I hope I can extend my current subscription for an additional year and have it counted in this effort? If so, where do I send my check and to whom should it be drawn?

Warmest regards and MANY thanks for doing this -- Roy
Old September 5, 2005, 03:36 PM   #8
IZinterrogator

Rich, I have never seen such a selfless act in a businessman. By renewing my subscription, at least I am getting something out of it, but you are truly making the sacrifice. You are a true class act.

BTW, why is there no mention of this on the SWAT Magazine homepage?
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old September 5, 2005, 03:56 PM   #9
Rich Lucibella
Staff

RWK-
This is only for purchases thru the web site at http://swatmag.com/shop
The administrative headaches of doing it with mail or phone orders is just not possible on such short notice.

IZ-
I will update the web page.....I only got the idea yesterday and emails haven't even gone out yet.
Rich
Old September 5, 2005, 04:25 PM   #10
USP45usp

*OT? If so, please remove, just reponding to what someone has posted*

CC,

Ain't that the truth. I may not be happy with my house right now or how my fridge is working or even the car......

But I still have them here, they don't have them there.

As I sit here, with electric, a computer, the radio, and enjoying my paid day off, my heart goes out to those that don't have the same, and with many more just wanting a bite to eat and some water to wash it down.

Those people have gone through hell, and now they have to start all over again. Look at yourself in the same situation, no matter who you are or what your finances.

It doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter, American's just need help and that is what matters, that's all that matters.

Wayne
Old September 5, 2005, 05:26 PM   #11
TheeBadOne

Old September 6, 2005, 08:13 AM   #12
Derius_T

Awesome Rich. I'll be on the website soon to grab some stuff and get my donation in there. It really is a great thing to do this. Shows us truely what 'caliber' of man you are....
Old September 6, 2005, 08:51 AM   #13
buzz_knox

Rich

This is a noble gesture, and should be the model. Unfortunately, I'd already signed up for a 3 year subscription a few months ago.

So, my brother-in-law gets to stop buying it at the bookstore for the next 3 years. Thank you for this opportunity to help in some small way.
Old September 6, 2005, 12:51 PM   #14
RWK

Rich,

Again, my thanks for this wonderful effort. My three year renewal was accepted by the SWAT website a few moments ago.

With respect and regards -- Roy
Old September 6, 2005, 01:08 PM   #15
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Got 'em both, gents. Thanks much.

http://www.swatmag.com/katrina.php
Rich
Old September 6, 2005, 01:28 PM   #16
Miss Demeanors

Rich,

I am not able to take you up on your generous offer as I have already given a monetary donation to both Salvation Army and Red Cross. I also volunteered 16 hours over the weekend to Salvation Army helping them box up care packages that will be going to shelters. Currently packing boxes of children's clothing that will be shipped off to shelters in all three states. However, I did post a link at FFF directing them here and hope many will take you up on your offer.

It's people like you that make a difference, Rich. I'm proud to know ya!
Old September 6, 2005, 02:02 PM   #17
Eghad

order placed........

will also place a donation with another relief organization.

NRA Life Member
Old September 10, 2005, 08:07 PM   #18
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Many thanks to all those who stepped up. Tallys are not complete, but we raised well over $5,000.....exact figures will be published here and in the next issue of S.W.A.T.

This Challenge ends at Midnight, Eastern, 10 September 2005. Orders after that point will NOT result in contributions to the S.W.A.T. Relief Challenge.

Thanks again to those who chose to step up.
Rich Lucibella
Closed Thread