The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 14, 2006, 11:34 AM   #1
TimRB

NRA board candidate trolls

Recently a candidate for the NRA board of directors posted here asking for votes. Evidently he made that one post and disappeared, since he never responded to the questions that were presented to him. This tells me about all I need to know about him, so that issue is, for me, settled.

I suggest, though, that his idea was a good one. Candidates could introduce themselves here and engage in meaningful conversation with their would-be constituents. Is it possible (or even advisable, given that I don't know all there is to know about running one of these things) to encourage candidates to post here? Perhaps in a special forum?

Tim
Old January 14, 2006, 11:54 AM   #2
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

His idea was a bad one, that is, his idea of performing a drive-by spamming of TFL.
Quote:
Candidates could introduce themselves here and engage in meaningful conversation with their would-be constituents.
I agree completely. If he were to come back and engage in a discussion, his posts would be welcome; as would the posts of any candidate for the board of directors of the NRA.
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old January 14, 2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

The guy apparently dropped the same message all over the board. They got deleted as spam. Reappeared in L&P. There were a couple of responses. I closed it and sent the guy an email which he has yet to answer.

I went to the posted campaign page and there is no way to contact this guy other than the email he gave in his member info.

I agree with TBM, if he and/or others wish to come here and discuss why they want to be on the NRA Board and what they intend to do if elected, then it would make a very good thread.

Two and a half days after I sent the email... No response. I have to assume if he was serious, he would have responded. He's either not serious or doesn't know how to manage his email... Tell me all I need to know.