The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old April 27, 2006, 09:17 PM   #51
Harley Quinn

TCman

When looking at it again and again, I did see a puff of smoke in the ceiling area.
Maybe a ricochet from going thru the guy and to the ceiling. I could not really make it out clearly.
But clearly there was a puff or cloud of debris just as the person behind the counter started firing.

Accidental discharge by bad guy??

I saw what looked like a dim flash light on the wall a couple of times.
I am going to go back and look again. Anyone else see it. Just as the shooting starts watch at 12 oclock above the bg.

Good observation.

HQ

Last edited by Harley Quinn; April 28, 2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old April 28, 2006, 09:42 AM   #52
Glenn E. Meyer

Pickpocket - an internet commando never lets a good shoot 'em scenario die. It is only till the moderator gets frustrated that a scenario is put down.

They are like religious wars.
Old April 28, 2006, 02:26 PM   #53
wun_8_seven

good guy fired three ,bg fired 0. this is old .bg is in prison everything worked out ok. whats left to discuss.
Old April 28, 2006, 03:31 PM   #54
threegun

Quote:
I ignore my odds of shooting a baby because the man threatened me previously. That lowers my responsibility to shoot in a manner threatening to others? No, I don't think so.
The odds of your shot hitting the baby are zilch. Your starting a shoot out, that MIGHT have ended with just money taken, that the opponents rounds harm the baby has better odds. The alternative though is to wait until the bad guy decides to shoot you, then its to late. This is why the threats to kill the clerk might have influenced his decision. Do I shoot or not? Most robberies end non violently.....right. But wait bad guy threatened to kill me earlier. This changes everything to me.
Old April 28, 2006, 05:15 PM   #55
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

As mentioned many times here, due to the angle, it's hard to tell how far he was from the woman and child. I'm purely guessing that it was not as close as it appeared. I don't know the nature or credibility of the threats the BG made to the clerk before the shooting. If the threats were credible, I think the clerk did good.

What I did see was a good surreptitious draw, maintaining the element of surprise. After the BG went outside, the shooter came from behind the counter and covered down on the BG and put himself between the woman and child as they went to "cover" behind the counter. The shooter's reflection is visible in the window as he continues to cover down. From a purely tactical point of view, it looked pretty good to me.

Denny
Old May 4, 2006, 12:49 AM   #56
Doggieman

I would not cry if that dumb broad had been plugged anyway. Some guy comes in with a gun and a ski mask and she just stands there with her kid like an idiot??? Maybe the clerk could have said "ma'am could you take three giant steps to your right" before blasting away but I think he did everything he could have to move to the side to avoid her.

The music and portrait of himself at the end were naturally over the top but the guy ain't a rocket scientist anyway. He is a good shot though and handled what looked to be a .45 very well IMHO. I'd have him on my team any day.