The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old October 7, 2006, 05:33 PM   #1
clayking

Taurus made it right...............

As some of you know, I had problems with a Taurus Tracker 455 (.45ACP), bought new. The gun had been discontinued but I found this one on GunsAmerica for a good price shipped ($350). Well, first trip to the range and only 3-4 of the cylinders would allow the hammer to be cocked. Sent it in, came back in essentially the same conditions. Sent it back after phone call and Taurus paid the shipping. Came back, fired 99/100 but hammer was hard to cock, and gritty..........it just wasn't right. I talked to Taurus, sent them a letter requesting a swap for a .357 if they could not repair it to my satisfaction. They sent me a new gun, though it was another .45. Policy is to replace the same model, with which I have no problem.

Fired the gun today for about 100 rounds and it performed flawlessly. Once I got it sighted in I put five rounds at 15 yards that a 50 cent piece could cover. I blew out the center of the target. I am also pleased at the trigger which was quite crisp and had a just right pull. As Taurus has made this problem right, I will continue to consider them for future purchases..........................ck
Old October 8, 2006, 01:47 AM   #2
Qwiks draw

Glad to hear that Taurus came through though it took some doing. Congrats on the 45 replacement. As a Taurus user for 20 years,except for 1 case there were no problems with their service or firearms. Enjoy and give us a range report. Like the National Inquirer, we just have to know.
Old October 8, 2006, 10:39 PM   #3
The Real Wyatt

Welcome to the club.
I have several Taurus guns and they all perform flawlessly.
Taurus guns are about the best deal going right now.
I'm gonna buy another in the next cuppla weeks.
A PT-1911. A really sweet gun at a great price.
It make take them several times to get it right,
but Taurus service WILL eventually come thru.
A LIFETIME warranty. Why not?

I like my Taurus guns. A lot!
Old October 8, 2006, 11:17 PM   #4
epr105

I only have one Taurus a model 94B It is a .22 revolver and I am very happy with it. The gun store tried to talk me out of buying it, I did and I am happy. I had one small problem and the service dept came through with great service.
Ed