The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 24, 2006, 01:33 PM   #1
NCHornet

Bianchi Carry Loc Holster report

A couple week ago while in the city we visited the Bass Pro Shop and I saw this holster for my Glock 23.
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...?TxtModelID=82

They had a demo 92F and I really liked how it held the gun very solid yet drew very quickly. The releasing lever is placed so it is easily hit with a natural draw. No thinking is needed. Well I bought one for the Glock 23 which is my carry gun. Yesterday was the first time I was able to practice live draw and fire exercises. I was a little worried about a locking holster, the benefits are of course somebody is not going to be able to easily disarm me, there is no chance of an embarassing drop on the ground while using the public restroom ( yes this happened to a buddy of mine, scared the guy beside him so much he didn't bother to wipe, just pulled up his britches and headed out), but I was worried about a slower draw. Just wanted to report that drawing the weapon is thoughtless, without thinking the release lever is hit and the gun is drawn with no loss of speed. The gun is firmly held in place and the mouth stays open making for easy and quick reholstering. The locking device adds little to no extra thickness, is conceals just as easy as my Galco all leather holster. Just thought I would give my results in case anybody was wanting to get a good quality holster for Christmas.
Old December 25, 2006, 10:33 AM   #2
DarthTedd

I like that Hornet ... what'd you pay?
Old December 25, 2006, 11:05 AM   #3
NCHornet

I believe it was $45 bucks, which is about the average price for a quality non custom made holster. I can't tell you how natural the draw is with this holster. As I said I was a little concerned about slowing the draw a bit but it was simply not the case.