The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 12, 2007, 11:27 AM   #1
HangFire83

Region Specific Posting Area?

Just wanted to offer a suggestion of a Region specific area for members to post. (i.e. Midwest, North East, etc...)

It could be used for arranging member get togethers, along with offering a place for members to post state/region specific questions and get answers from other members with state/region specific insight (in theory).

Jeff Cooper.
Old January 12, 2007, 02:32 PM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Hangfire, you must have missed this:

Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises
This section is for topics related to actual shooting sessions, including Range issues, Training and Regional TFL Gatherings. Additionally, Instructors can post tips and Students can post questions.

Notice the underlined part.
Old January 12, 2007, 02:50 PM   #3
HangFire83

Oops!

Jeff Cooper.
Old January 12, 2007, 04:19 PM   #4
HangFire83

Please keep in mind that I have very little experience with creating/editing messages boards, but would it be a daunting task to actaully break it down into the different regions before actually seeing all of the posts?

That way someone could click on their region and not have to sift through all the other posts that they may not be interested in. Some post already have the state listed in the thread title but there are some without. If it's a ton of work then don't worry about it. I just found it a neat little feature on some of the other boards I frequent and thought it would be a good idea to add to this one.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jeff

Jeff Cooper.
Old January 12, 2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

While I'm not privy to all the reasons the forums were setup in the manner they are, I can say that this particular area works and works rather well.

Using an informative title is the key: South Central Idaho Gathering and Shoot-fest!

Then in the body of the post, simply relate the idea and wait for takers.

Every person that responds will automatically bump the thread to the top. Discussion of when and where ensues and, Viola! A gathering is made and held.

My wife and I did a couple of these down in Utah, back before the big sign-off, as there simply weren't too many Idahoans on TFL in the early 00's.

I would suggest that you give it a shot and see what transpires.
Old January 13, 2007, 11:20 AM   #6
HangFire83

Will do. Thanks for the input.

Jeff

Jeff Cooper.