Old June 5, 2008, 11:50 AM   #1
gcfennell

Weapon Shield Update fron Iraq

07 May 2008

Steel Shield Technologies. Inc
3351 Industrial Blvd
Bethel Park. PA 15102-2543

Mark and George,
I wanted to take time to express my sincere thanks to you and Steel Shield Technologies, Inc. for your support while I was deployed overseas in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
Your product, Weapon Shield, was truly a "life saver".
In my first combat tour to Afghanistan in late 2003, not knowing much about your product, I began to use it for my personal weapon and my crew-served vehicle weapon as a just another oil that I receivod in my care packages from home. I soon became educated on how this product was head and shoulders above the rest.
In the grueling conditions of southwestern Afghanistan, our weapons were subject to severe heat, dust, and even potential rust due to the humidity in the area. Compared to the other oils that we received, Weapon Shield was the only product that stood up to the battlefield environment and did not cause the bolt of the Weapons to become "gummy" or "sticky". Weapon Shield actually acted as a "shield" and as a dust repellent
When I found out that I was deploying back to Iraq in 2007, one of my first calls was to my father to get my hands on Weapon Shield. While conducting pro-deployment training at Fort Brag, I introduced my soldiers to this product. When it comes to selling to a tough audience young
enlisted men are some of the toughest to buy into a new idea. Within days, all of the men were carrying this product and were even hoarding bottles within their packs.
When we got to Iraq, Weapon Shield bottles became a part of the combat packing list as assigned by my Detachment Sergeant. Weapon Shield was now the Standing Operating Procedure; a small bottle on each man and tube of grease in each truck.
Weapons Shield brought us through over 2S fire fights with great success when other soldier's from different Unit's weapons failed. On one occasion on patrol with another unit, their .50 cal machine gun jammed. One of my gunners tossed a bottle of Weapon Shield to them. They broke down their weapon, applied the Weapon Shield and quickly got back into the firelight. In our mission after action review, my soldiers quickly commented on how their weapons would only be treated with this product.
The bottom line is this... In two combat tours to both Afghanistan and Iraq, weapons treated with Weapon Shield, NEVER jammed. That saved lives. As a unit commander, my most important job was to complete this mission while bringing all of my soldiers home. Weapon Shield was a great contributor to my unit accomplishing that mission. In combat, the only option is perfect. If
you are not, you can die. Weapon Shield was PERFECT every time. Victory!
Craig A Hickerson
MAJOR, Infantry
USAR
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old June 5, 2008, 01:51 PM   #2
ImDisaster

Sounds pretty good. How does it compare to the old standbys like FP10 or Breakfree? Do you have actual maximum pressure data or corrosion comparisons?
Old June 5, 2008, 03:02 PM   #3
parrothead2581

Now that is a testimonial worth reading.

Mine has been working wonderfully. Thanks again George.

I'm just waiting for Midway to get more in stock. It has been listed as on backorder for months now. I suppose that's a testament to the popularity of the product!
Old June 6, 2008, 08:58 AM   #4
gcfennell

for IMDISASTER

I am the inventor/formulator of FP10 and Weapon Shield.
Weapon Shield is by far, even more superior than my old FP-10.
As for breakfree...Weapon Shield blows it out of the water.
The proof is in the putting.
Best regards,
George
Old June 6, 2008, 09:23 AM   #5
hoytinak

I myself have used Weapon Shield on my last 3 deployments on my M14, M4 and M2's and loved it. Great product!
Old June 6, 2008, 09:32 AM   #6
gcfennell

Another email from abroad

JUST received this email this morning from Eli Rasponi and Alpha Company 2-104th (Black Sheep)

From Alpha Company 2-104th (Black Sheep) a tremendous thanks! Thank you so very much for the numerous bottles of lubrication to help keep our weapons running in these absolutely awful conditions. I run your lube on my personal weapons at home, particularly the ones I carry every day to keep myself and my loved ones safe. I trust your product to keep them working at home and now I trust them to keep them functional abroad. The Black Sheep truly appreciate your personal sacrifice recognizing that the cost of those products come straight from your company's pocket. You are a great American and what you do means so much more to us then the thousands of "support our troops"
magnets on cars around America, and similar superficial gestures.

In short thank you so much from me, Eli, and from the Black Sheep!

And thank you Eli and the Black Sheep.
Thanks to all of you as well for your support.
My best regards,
George
Old June 6, 2008, 03:01 PM   #7
Michaelm45

It would be nice if you could find it in retail stores.
Old June 6, 2008, 11:28 PM   #8
rgates

Best CLP I've used. Absolutely amazing results. I'm about due to order another 16oz. bottle. Maybe some 4 oz. ones for some friends. Thanks again George for an amazing product. Our entire military should have Weapon Shield.
They need and deserve the best.
Old June 8, 2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Crosshair

Sounds like some interesting stuff. I'll have to keep it in mind. Break Free CLP seems to work really good as is for me on my non-ak guns and my AK's run fine on plain lithium grease. I wonder how much of an improvement I would actually see considering the price difference. (Only one way to find out I guess. )

However the thing that caught my eye is the claim that it helps remove lead fouling. I shoot allot of cast boolits and 22 rimfire and this feature looks interesting.

gcfennell, how does this stuff work at removing lead fouling? Does it actually dissolve it or does it just loosen it somehow?

Thanks
Old June 12, 2008, 09:14 PM   #10
PhilA

George, I absolutely LOVE the bottle of Weapon Shield you so graciously sent me as part of your free bottle offer on this forum awhile back. My Kimber runs great with it on the rails, and is remarkably easy to clean after a range session. I'll be buying more after my freebie runs out
Old June 12, 2008, 11:21 PM   #11
xd.40

Weapon Shield

Range Repot in.....

Just got my bottle of Weapon Shield in the mail today.

Field Stripped a couple of pistols down and applied Weapon Shield to them. I didn't think that I would have time to test it out, but I ran into a buddy at the gun store and he was debating between a Glock 23 and an XD .40cal. So I took him out shooting, and he Loved the XD, so we went back to town and he bought the XD. He aready has a glock 22, but now he has a Real gun... an XD... LOL.. Just kidding....
Anyway, back to my story, Since I already put the Weapon Shield on my gun, it was a Quick clean up after the range. We only put about 250 Rounds through it though, because that is all I had.
So in short, Nothing stuck to this stuff, and it made for an easy clean up. I used Hoppes #9 for the Solvent, (Didn't need to though, just habbit) and then Re-Applied the Weapon Shield.

Oh Yah, a Little bit goes a LONG way...This stuff is SWEET.

Excellent Product!

Thanks Again Weapon Shield.

As Always, Stay Safe.
Old June 13, 2008, 01:24 PM   #12
ssilicon

You will pardon any of us who take these anecdotes with a grain of salt, considering the one initiating the posting about it would stand to benefit from positive reviews.

I have read other places that Break Free CLP and Eezox are better than your product, and I'm sure there are plenty of good anecdotes about them as well.

On a side note, I found a couple of the items in your anecdotes humorous. On one hand the talk about the sand and dust, and almost in the same breath playing up the humidity issue. Also, I like the one about the 50 cal that jammed, and after it was serviced and re-lubed (with your product) it worked again! Yes, and in all honesty you know it would have worked again had it been serviced and re-lubed with any one of several weapon lube products just as well.

I'm not saying that WS is good. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying I'm not just going to take your word (and those of the anecdotes you hand picked to post) for it.

Have a nice day, and good luck selling your product. I might even try it sometime. To the rest of you, do some digging around for comparisons before you buy a case of this stuff or even better, do your own testing. If it really is "all that" (and a bag of chips), then there are no worries as this stuff will be selling itself!
Old June 13, 2008, 04:04 PM   #13
parrothead2581

silicon,

Read through this thread and see for yourself. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253758
Old June 13, 2008, 06:59 PM   #14
tplumeri

I consider weapon shield up there with Militech.
different types of product but both excellent.
I was about to send my PM9 back to kahr because of jams and misfeeds.
i had taken it down twice already. the third time i used weapon shield.
ran perfect since.
and this isnt "hand picked" by anyone!
tom
Old June 13, 2008, 07:20 PM   #15
Napahunter

I'm all about Weapon Shield also. Took advantage of the free offer,and haven't looked back. I ordered a large bottle, and all my long guns in the safe NEVER even has a hint of rust. My wife's shotgun always had a little surface rust spots on it. Not since using WS! All the actions are smooth with this product. If you use it you know, if you don't to each his own.
Old June 13, 2008, 08:09 PM   #16
Tom2

How well does it cling to the surfaces and last over time? Some lube oils seem to work really well but don't hang around very long, it is as if they bead off the metal instead of clinging and the gun is seemingly dry again before long. They might be leaving some kind of "invisible" shield that I can't see, but if the gun looks dry, you want to do something about it right now. Might be all in your head, only scientific proof can solve that one.
Old June 13, 2008, 08:58 PM   #17
rgates

I've used Weapon Shield since the initial samples went out. I've since used about 2/3 of a 16 oz. bottle and a little goes a loooong way. The slides, actions and triggers all feel smoother and lighter than with any other lube I've tried and I've tried a lot. As far as it staying put, it must. I noticed after each cycle of shooting and cleaning, the cleaning was noticably easier through about the fourth cycle. By that time I was amazed at how much easier the cleaning goes. After a day of shooting I can blow out the inside of the slide with air or wipe with a dry cloth and it's shiny inside again. I'm impressed enough I've stopped looking for anything else. But read on. There are quite a few threads here about WS. Read 'em all.
Old June 14, 2008, 12:37 PM   #18
ssilicon

Parrothead, your link you posted doesn't open for me.
Old June 14, 2008, 02:07 PM   #19
Horseman

I have dozens of products in a plastic bin. Most of them were purchased after reading accolades like this one. I am realistic enough now to know there's no free lunch with gun products. There cannot be one product that works best in every environment. For instance I do most of my bench shooting/varminting in the summer. I don't typically use the same lubes on my hunting rigs in the fall/winter hunting months.

This doesn't mean WS isn't a fine product. I've never used it. But everyone should realize WS isn't the first gun care product to have these accolades on a gun forum. And I'm sure it won't be the last.
Old June 14, 2008, 02:33 PM   #20
parrothead2581

Let me try that again

ssilicon,

Here's the link that I was trying to post: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=253758
Old June 23, 2008, 01:27 PM   #21
gcfennell

Anecdotes or Accolades...saving lives is what matters to us

...and saving lives is what it does, proof positive.

Even those who would doubt, have every opportunity to give us a shout, get a FREE sample, and see for themselves.

No one on these forums gets paid a dime for their comments about Weapon Shield, and the same was true about my older product "FP-10".

If your minds are open to it, just email Gary at [email protected] and request a sample. Then you too can put it to the ultimate test (your own) and not rely on the accolades and anecdotes of others.

Best regards,
George
Old June 23, 2008, 03:58 PM   #22
Jermtheory

Quote:
I have dozens of products in a plastic bin. Most of them were purchased after reading accolades like this one. I am realistic enough now to know there's no free lunch with gun products. There cannot be one product that works best in every environment. For instance I do most of my bench shooting/varminting in the summer. I don't typically use the same lubes on my hunting rigs in the fall/winter hunting months.

This doesn't mean WS isn't a fine product. I've never used it. But everyone should realize WS isn't the first gun care product to have these accolades on a gun forum. And I'm sure it won't be the last.
true enough...

although(anecdote warning!)...ive been shooting and using various lubes for over 20 years.WS is far and away my favorite yet...the smell may have something to do with that though.
Old June 23, 2008, 05:13 PM   #23
amd6547

I've used alot of different lubes, and liked Breakfree overall the best...until I tried my free sample of WS. WeaponSheild is far and away the better lube.
WS stays put longer than breakfree, cleans easier, and my firearms treated with it seemed smoother immedaitely, guns that had been cleaned with breakfree for years. I will certainly buy it again. Particularly on the AR15, nothing works better.
Old June 23, 2008, 05:33 PM   #24
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Very, very cool, testimonial.

Disclaimer: While George is a friend of mine I would not use his product if I did not fully believe in it. I use WS on all my own firearms, and it has become my favorite on ARs.

FWIW, when I teach CCW courses and we get to the maintenance portion of the class, I give one of the pen type oilers to each student. I tell them it's more than a freebie, it's something they can trust to keep their pistols running.

Denny
Old June 23, 2008, 06:04 PM   #25
OnTheFly

George,

I'm a noob to the shooting world, so please excuse any ignorance displayed on my part. I was wondering if Steel Shield Technologies. Inc had any intention of putting out a thicker lubricant which is often applied to the slide groove/guides?

I have been using WS for a few months and am very happy with the results of corrosion resistance, general lubrication, and how well it cleans up after shooting even the dirtiest of ammo. The only thing I notice is that the WS I put on the slide appears to lubricate for a while, but after I have had the pistol stored for a couple of weeks, I find that the slide and guides appear to be pretty dry. I've never used a grease, but the concept sounds good. If you have no plans of producing such a product, then there is probably a good explanation as to why which I would love to hear about.

Thanks,
Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...