The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 24, 2008, 10:53 PM   #1
ReadyOnTheRight

The High Road

The High Road was just shut down by Derek Zeanah.

Quote:
Downtime
I'll have the board up tomorrow, with details about this outage. Thanks for your patience.

-- Derek
http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/

Quote:
Thu, Sep. 25th, 2008, 07:41 pm
Going to court.
In December 2002, I founded The High Road forum dedicated to the advancement of responsible gun ownership. Recently, it was discovered that in 2006, the volunteer forum systems administrator, Derek Zeanah of Statesboro, Georgia, changed domain registration to himself. After he was confronted, Derek locked out all other staff from accessing the Web server administration and would not share even backup copies of its content. After failed attempts to peacefully resolve the dispute, it has become necessary for me to initiate a lawsuit against Derek Zeanah for the return of thehighroad.org domain name and the forum database.

I am seeking and would greatly appreciate donations to help with the cost of litigation. You can use Paypal ([email protected]) or send a check to:
Oleg Volk 3112 Chambley Ct Hermitage, TN 37076

All donations shall be returned if the lawsuit is ultimately avoided. You can also aid me by re-posting this appeal on your blog, forum or web site. My legal position is already endorsed by almost all of The High Road staff as well as Rich Lucibella, the founder of The Firing Line forum.

UPDATE: Derek's reaction was to disable The High Road forum alltogether.
"Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys." -Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle-
Old September 25, 2008, 07:00 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

The HighRoad Thread

With all due respect for Oleg (and there is much respect)... Sorry folks. We have a tried and tested rule here on TFL. We Don't publicly discuss other Boards.

I'm leaving the initial post of the other thread in this one, as it serves for the notification and contact information.

Please, Take all other posts about this to PM or Email.
Closed Thread