The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 25, 2008, 11:43 PM   #1
countryboywithgun

Micro Gun ?????? help

Merry Christmas all. My father-in-law gave me an interesting gift this year. he handed me a little bitty gun and said his father who was a Merchant Marine had it. My father in law remembers when he was very young that his father fired it but doesn't know how and his father died when he was very young. The only thing he thinks it is 70 years old or more. there is nothing written on it so any information you have would be great. and can i shoot it and how??

I think it is real cool and very happy to have it and will pass it down to my son when he is old enough
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minigun 001.jpg (115.2 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg minigun 002.jpg (115.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg minigun 003.jpg (113.9 KB, 101 views)
Old December 26, 2008, 04:09 AM   #2
arcticap

This was posted on THR recently and the video link looks like it's showing the same gun as yours.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ght=swiss+mini

Quote:
Little guns

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there was one posted before I don't think it was this small.

Originally made by Austrian watchmakers as decorative pocket watch chain fobs or as cufflinks, these miniature pinfire pistols are now prized collector's items. These are some from my own collection dating from 1904 to the 1970's. All of them fire 2mm blank pinfire cartridges. The revolvers are the world's smallest working double action blank firing pistols. They measure just 38mm in length and are smaller than the famous Swiss Mini Gun which measures 55mm.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/178743...iniature_guns/
Old December 26, 2008, 04:44 AM   #3
Bill DeShivs

They are known as "Berloque" pinfire pistols. They use special pinfire blanks. The guns are still being made.