The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 12, 2009, 11:54 AM   #1
rezman

oobuck is a thief !!!!

oobuck (Michael Avila aka Michael Ayala aka Michael Aleman) of Cicero, IL or Chicago, IL has ripped off at least three of us here for $275 each for 16 Pmags. He used three different names and addresses in his replies to the various individuals he has scammed since last summer.

Names used: Michael Avila, Michael Ayala, and Michael Aleman

IP addresses and e-mail:
Mike in Chicago (99.149.195.152) (working on it)
unknown at this time (99.48.253.102) (working on it)
Mike Ayala in Chicago IL (99.180.247.0) ([email protected])

Mailing addresses and email:
Michael Aleman
4845 S Western Blvd.
Chicago IL 60609

Michael Aleman
2806 S 50th Av.
Cicero IL 60804

Michael Avila ([email protected])
1533 S.Laramie Ave
Cicero, IL 60804

He has perpetuated his fraud on at least two internet boards. See links.

Link to original TFL add below.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=328612

Link to Sturmgewehr add below.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/ge...cgi?read=57410

Hopefully the mods will at least deal with this guys account before he gets to someone else.

Anybody seen the mods in awhile???

Any advice on how to proceed would be great. This POS has stolen $825 from the three of us so far, don't want to see anybody else get taken.

All individuals taken by this guy are encouraged to send me an e-mail with your contact info, description of items posted for sale and your monetary loss, and the screen name, e-mail address, payment sent to name and payment sent to mailing address of ripoff seller to me so I can start compiling a data base of victims.

I believe our collective complaint against this guy with Illinois state fraud investigators will carry much more weight than individual complaints to the USPS.

Help me shut this weasel d**k down.

[email protected]

Last edited by rezman; January 13, 2009 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Discovery of further ripoff activity by oobuck
Old January 12, 2009, 03:50 PM   #2
oobuck

Keep your pants on,everybody will get a refund please check your pm.

Last edited by oobuck; January 12, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old January 12, 2009, 05:12 PM   #3
rantingredneck

Refund? One wonders why he sold the same 16 magazines to 3 different people in the first place?

Actually I don't wonder. He thought he could get away with it......

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old January 12, 2009, 05:18 PM   #4
hoytinak

I almost jumped on the mags too when he first posted them....glad I didn't as well.

I've been lucky, never been ripped off yet (knock on wood)and I do alot of trading/buying/selling online.
Old January 12, 2009, 05:19 PM   #5
rantingredneck

You and me both........

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)
Old January 12, 2009, 08:56 PM   #6
nykyfyr

Just found this Thread. I got screwed as well. You guys use USPS MO? We can contact USPS LE to pursue this guy for intentional fraud.

Email me [email protected]
Old January 13, 2009, 12:15 AM   #7
rezman

oobuck,

Your USPS "refund" # is not active at this time.

If I am wrong about you, I will post a retraction in this public forum.

If not, I will post the contents of the PM reply I just sent to you.

Make it right with me, 25birdman, and srryan1.

Or prepare to be outed with your various name and addresses, plus ISP on every firearm related board I belong to. That is most of them. This info will also be forwarded to the USPS postal fraud section and the Chicago PD.

Make it right.
Old January 13, 2009, 12:48 AM   #8
rezman

Screw the refund, you guys need to see who is in the fight, oobuck probably has "issues" that will prevent him from refunding what he already has taken from us.

Copy of PM:

Re: Pmags

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael,

Your tracking number is not valid at this time.

If you are telling the truth about having two sets of these to sell, why I am not receiving one of them, as I was the original poster to respond with payment to your add.

If I receive mags as agreed, or a full refund, I will withdraw my complaint posts regarding you.

At this point, I still beleive you are a weasel d**k who is negotiating for time before the postal inspector, hopefully with Chicago PD in tow, shows up at one of the two addresses and names for payment you have used to perpetuate your scam. I wonder what the Chicago PD will think of you selling mags whose capacity makes them illegal to posess where you live. I would never had ordered if I knew you couldn't have them to begin with. Maybe BATFE would be interested in your activities. I hear the weather in the Cook County jail is beautiful this time of year.

Make it right, to me, 25birdman, and srryan1 or I will make this my mission to pursue you wherever you go on the internet. I have computer friends tracking your ISP address as we speak. You, your family, girlfriend, public library, wherever you are internet based at will not be able to hide. This information will be added to the postal fraud complaint.

Deliver goods as promised, or prepare for your internet scam life to get more interesting and less profitable.

Count on it needle d**k.

Sincerely, rezman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobuck
Kelly

I sold two sets that actually shipped out, but until I find out who did get them, your refund was sent today usps the tracking number is 7008 0150 0000 8848 1819.

Sorry for the cluster****

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman
Michael,

I visited this original post to check status of this deal.

My confirmation to buy e-mail and payment was 12.31.2008.

Imagine my surprise 25birdman also posted payment sent.

Sent PM and email to you regarding this yesterday. No reply.

Please reply to this post ASAP. It could be you had two sets of these to sell.

It could be you sold the same set twice.

LMK what is going on, Kelly
Old January 13, 2009, 01:07 AM   #9
zxcvbob

Don't mean to interrupt, but check that tracking number again. USPS is kind of slow to update the status; it's caused me some angst before (totally unrelated to "oobuck")
Old January 13, 2009, 06:22 AM   #10
DaveInPA

Yeah it usually takes a full day until the USPS confirmation numbers show any information.

But anyway. Finding out this guy lives in Chicago adds a whole new twist to this, doesn't it? Selling mags he can't even legally own? He never had them. He thought he could just take money from honest people and get away with it. I hope he rots.
Old January 13, 2009, 11:35 AM   #11
rezman

Update to add more info on this situation.

The del cofirm number is now active.

We also have another individual who was taken for a ride on the Sturmgewehr board for mini 14 mags, with payment sent to a Michael Aleman at a third Chicago mailing address.

I will have your ISP info soon Michael.

Make it right to everybody you have taken money from, and I will go back in my cave.

Otherwise, following you will become my #1 hobby.
Old January 13, 2009, 10:12 PM   #12
Coyote Hitman

Post this guys name and address(es) so no one else gets taken. Screen names are easy to change.

Quote:
Any advice on how to proceed would be great.
PM sent to the OP
Old January 13, 2009, 11:48 PM   #13
Mal H
Staff

That's it - all further communications must use email.

rezman - I understand your ire and your frustration, but that is no excuse to use TFL as your cursing/sounding board. Your most recent post has been deleted, I'm not even going to try to edit it.

Closed.
Closed Thread