The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 20, 2009, 09:42 PM   #1
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

So you want to learn... Shotgun tactics?

I mean home defense, self defense and food acquisition... I will show (not train) you what I know... plan on 7 days for a primer and 14-21 days for additional schoolin'. Bring no less than 200 rounds of field loads per day but 500 would be better. Plan on 500 slugs and 1,000 00 buck shot for the 7 day course and triple it for the advanced course... This is a no charge offer. I also promise you will get a blister on your trigger finger and likely on your fore grip hand. I will also make sure you get one barrel burn blister just for my own giggles... But you will get your barrel that hot... PROMISE!
when you leave you don't get a diploma... you will, however, have a well worn gun you are intimately friendly with unless you hold a grudge about the blisters!
Brent
Old March 20, 2009, 09:51 PM   #2
johnnyeastside

We go to Fla. every year for vacation, I'll tell the wife I'll be gone a few days while she's on the beach. I usually get burned or blistered messing around with my motorcycles , might as well let the shotgun take some flesh
Old March 20, 2009, 10:14 PM   #3
shootfirst

wish I had that much vacation

sounds like A trip to heavon to me wish it was possable to do such A trip
OUTSTANDING
Old March 20, 2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Swampghost

I'm planning on taking you up on hogs when the money gets better. I shoot to kill.
Old March 21, 2009, 02:36 AM   #5
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

Sghost, I invite you! No bull! Bring your gun and ammo and plan to have a ball while learnin'... This ain't no "thunder ranch" but I assure you, one of us is leaving schooled and I wouldn't mind if it were me. 2 heads are better than one... My wife once thought I was goofy when she awoke to me "training" in my underwear with the shotgun... It was empty as it should be during training when loved ones are inside. I made her hush and "take cover" as she was then a *participant* in my training... Now she is happier than a hog in slop at what I did 20 years ago. She sleeps real sound knowin' "Big Daddy" ain't muckin' around with their safety and security!
Brent