The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: So How do YOU feel about the incessant griping about ammo?
I am sick and tired of everyone whining and griping 60 29.27%
I find it amusing and enjoy reading the threads 71 34.63%
I don't give a rip 38 18.54%
I'm one of the Gripers 36 17.56%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 30, 2009, 04:06 PM   #1
MrClean

A Poll on Ammo topic and place to discuss

Anyone else sick and tired of seeing all the whining about their Walmart not having any ammo? Shouting for a Boycott... Condemning people that actually have stocked up BEFORE all this crap happened AGAIN. Do we not learn anything from our past history? It is what it is.... a Capitalistic Economy.... Supply/Demand and so forth and so on.

I know folks vary on this. Was just very curious if I was in the minority.

Lifetime NRA, USPSA, HCSO, CRS Club
Old April 30, 2009, 04:19 PM   #2
alloy

Totally, but i get a big kick out of them at the same time.

Only in America would Walmart be expected to be the logistical supply for some percieved future SHTF Mad-Max scenario. Hey, i like cheap ammo and especially the free market system as much as anyone.

Last edited by alloy; April 30, 2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old April 30, 2009, 04:34 PM   #3
dmxx99

No more whining and griping just do something about it get up and go look in stores and conserve the ammo you already have.

Last edited by dmxx99; April 30, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old April 30, 2009, 04:35 PM   #4
LordofWar

It's amusing actually.

It's like bimbos after a Limited Edition LV bag that just hit the market :P
Old April 30, 2009, 05:48 PM   #5
SilentHitz

It was a toss up...

But I voted amusing...some of it is funny to read. At 1st I was just sick of all the whining, but I realize some folks here are a lot younger, and just getting started in life...and maybe just not financially able to save enough to buy bulk online yet.

I realized how old I am, when it dawned on me that I have slowly built up my stash over a few decades by buying when I see a bargain, and reloading...so I just try to see the humor in it all now.

http://k5fv.com/
Old April 30, 2009, 05:59 PM   #6
JWT

Each new thread comes across as a sudden "gee there's an ammo shortage, does anyone else know that"?? Some of the view points are funny to say the least. I gotta vote that it's amusing.
Old April 30, 2009, 06:04 PM   #7
SigSauerIsBetter

Over it!

Agreed, this is a tired subject.
Old May 1, 2009, 08:23 PM   #8
firsttimefirearms123

HA! That's what she said....

Is there REALLY an Ammo Shortage?

What is a primary rule of firearms? Keep your eyes open! No matter where you discharge your firearm or under what circumstances, you need to have BOTH eyes open. The same is true when reading the news – keep your eyes open.

http://www.rangelog.com/FreeResource...3/Default.aspx
Old May 1, 2009, 08:59 PM   #9
Bud Helms

C'mon guys. Let's watch the politics. Stay on topic. This is the only ammo topic running right now. I don't want to close it.
Old May 1, 2009, 09:06 PM   #10
grymster2007

I like the ammo posts. They make me go down to garage and look at the 11 pallets that occupy the space where we used to park our cars.
Old May 1, 2009, 09:54 PM   #11
johnbt

You traded your cars for ammo?

I'm impressed. I haven't gone that far. Firstly, I don't have a garage...

John
Old May 2, 2009, 12:30 PM   #12
oldone

I'm one of the gripers.
Tired of ordering ammo and then find out they lied, they don't have it in stock. I don't want my money tied up for backorders so I have to call the bank to free up my funds.
I went to a reputable supplier and knew it would take a couple of weeks and used them. At least they didn't Lie.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:37 PM   #13
THEZACHARIAS

I think its good for a chuckle as long as people remain light about it. Getting too bogged down in the politics of Walmart is no fun for anyone.

However, I do think we need to seperate it out into threads for people who just want to whine because they're too lazy to hit up their local shop, and the rest of us who either dont have a local gunshop, or we do and its even worse than the walmart.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Chipperman

I read some of the threads and ignore others, depending on my mood. I've been stocking up on ammo for years, so the current crisis is not really a big deal to me.

I'm more annoyed about the increased cost as opposed to the scarcity. I have enough ammo to last for years, but I try not to touch the stockpile, and buy new ammo as I shoot.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:49 PM   #15
djohn

It does not matter to me if people complain about No Ammo at wally world or there gun shop.

Seek and you shall find,I went to wally world yesterday No ammo went back today ya hoo.I found 2 boxes left of 230 GR Blazzers brass 45 ACP $14.97 each took them both and they had 3 boxes of 38 special winchester white box $ 29.97 per 100 rounds grabed one of them.The nice young guy there told me another delivery is on the way.
Old May 2, 2009, 02:57 PM   #16
Shorts

Quote:
Anyone else sick and tired of seeing all the whining about their Walmart not having any ammo? Shouting for a Boycott... Condemning people that actually have stocked up BEFORE all this crap happened AGAIN. Do we not learn anything from our past history? It is what it is.... a Capitalistic Economy.... Supply/Demand and so forth and so on.

I know folks vary on this. Was just very curious if I was in the minority.

What ticks me off really is as a military family that was stationed overseas for the past 3 years, we had no opportunity to stock up before "all this crap happened". We didn't get back Conus until Feb '09. And you bet we voted.

So anyone that wants to tell me to quit whining about no ammo can eat your shoe laces You morons raiding stores like the sky is falling, thanks. You folks that didn't vote, thanks. Any one making the situation worse, thanks.

I can't find any ammo but I'm not stalking the stores like others are. I just poke around the gun section of a store if we're already there for something else. I'm not intending to find any, but it'd be a pleasant surprise if I did find a box.

Am I happy for the situation in general? No. But there's nothing to do but wait it out. I can't be spending money on extra things anyway, we just bought a house!
Old May 2, 2009, 03:25 PM   #17
22-rimfire

I commonly read these threads, so I find them interesting. If nothing else, the threads give me a feel for overall supply rather than the tunnel vision you actually have when you shop locally.

I always have kept a supply of ammunition since I started shooting when I was a kid. I got what I could afford and still do. But my natural inclination is to not shoot up what I have unless I feel I can afford to replace it in a timely fashion. There lies my problem. Prices have gone up and supply has gone down. It is a lesson in the free market. So I would be hard pressed to replace what I have in a timely fashion. So, I ration my centerfire shooting, but continue a strong rimfire presence.

I will need to bone up on shooting my Ruger SRH in a few months due to hunting. It's in 480 Ruger. Factory ammunition is available, but the price has been steadily going up. I don't reload for it. If I don't shoot much, I will be forced to use a rifle again which takes zero practice other than to check the scope prior to deer season for the kind of shots I'm likely to take.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:01 PM   #18
ranchman

well I voted I dont give a rip. I guess I voted that because I saw all this coming and stocked up. I know that I would be whining had I NOT seen this coming but I did so it dosent matter.

I think its funny when I see on different forums about ammo updates and stuff. Dont get me wrong I think its cool to look out for one another but what I think is really interesting is when some guys says " Hey I saw this ammo at this place but only took a few so the next guy can have some to". Well a couple of things about that. First, chances are the next guy is not going to do the same thing " IF " he is smart enough. Second, WHEN it comes to it and we have to fight for food or gas or whatever do you think that guy is going to take a little bit and leave some for the next guy? NO!!!!!!!!!! SO if you have a chance to get some ammo DO IT!!! Dont think about it or ask the wife its ok be a man a buy it. Its not going to go bad and it will always hold its value. If anything you might make a few bucks take your wife out to dinner and get some lovin.

Sorry I could go on but I wont. Thats just a little bit on how I feel. IF you guys really need some ammo I can get you some if you NEED it. Or just spend a few hours on the computer and REALLY look for some. I have plenty so I am not going to keep where I get mine a secret. If you want to know I will tell ya.

Bryan
Old May 2, 2009, 06:17 PM   #19
StiveC2007

the only thing im gulity of hoarding is USED BRASS
Old May 4, 2009, 08:08 AM   #20
troy_mclure

found it! that ammo your looking for!

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=128271630

its great!
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old May 4, 2009, 08:28 AM   #21
kayakersteve

That's funny

I might bid!
Old May 4, 2009, 08:40 AM   #22
hoytinak

That is freakin hilarious....that just made my day.
Old May 4, 2009, 08:40 AM   #23
tmd11111

What a bargin, too bad it don't have a Buy it Now Price...
Old May 4, 2009, 09:56 AM   #24
vox rationis

sorry...NO PICTURE, NO SALE
Old May 4, 2009, 11:06 AM   #25
gb_in_ga

Quote:
sorry...NO PICTURE, NO SALE
Just scroll down. It has a picture. 2 of them, in fact. One of them was added after the original post because somebody complained about not being able to see the primer.